Estate agent not doing move in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Estate agent not doing move in

Hi everyone. I hope you can help this is my first post.
    I normally use an estate agent to locate and carry out checks on new tenants and carry out the checkout and check in inventory when there is a change of tenancy.
    I have just received an email to tell me that they won’t be able to fulfil the new tenancy that is due to begin in the 1st April and It will be put on hold.
    Is anyone else experiencing this? I understand they need to be careful but surely by not continuing with a move in they are essentially making the new tenants homeless.
    has anyone got any advice or knowledge in this??
    pretty please

Can't you organise this yourself - it's not rocket science?
    Use google to find an inventory taker and instruct them, download an agreement from this site etc, etc.

I don't see how you can accuse the agent of making people homeless.

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

If not doing the check-in is definitely going to make the tenants homeless you (or your agent) should make sure the tenancy starts and do the bare minimum to make sure the tenancy starts but I would advise against accompanied check-ins I.e as few interactions as possible

Comment

Have you talked to the new T's just to make sure they are still planning on moving under the current circumstances? Have the agents completed the checks? I would ensure this has been completed, before rushing and doing all the other aspects.

Comment

Thank you for the constructive comments Cymro123 and Ash72. The email I received wasn’t overly informative so I will hopefully get some more information tomorrow.

I was posting here to see if anyone else was experiencing this as not everyone sources tenants themselves and some of us prefer to use the resources an estate agent has.

Comment

Originally posted by LLBriz View Post
            The email I received wasn’t overly informative so I will hopefully get some more information tomorrow.
            Don't wait for them to give you information. Ask for exactly what you want to know about the situation: they work for you.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X