Are Check-Ins 'Essential'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO LL/Agent doing inv in/out checks , or any required inspection is part of business.

Comment

Any such a thing is indeed part of business, the question is whether it is essential business or not.

I think that if you have tenants moving-in who would otherwise have nowhere to live then it is arguably essential that the move-in is done. Is it essential to do an inventory? That's perhaps the tricky bit.

I've talked to the inventory company at length who say they are happy to do it and are carrying on business as much as normal as they can. Apparently they do a lot of work for some Social Housing providers and that aspect hasn't been halted, suggesting that there is not yet any government advice against doing such things.

Thanks for your help people. (And the help with the smoke alarms too!)

Comment

Doesn't moving house count as unnecessarily leaving your home?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Tenant's NtQ
          by jpkeates
          Once the notice expires, the tenancy ends.
          Which means that anyone in the property afterwards is, as far as I can determine, a trespasser.

So the owner should be able to lock them out and they should have no recourse against the owner.
          As they have no right to be in the property,...
          11-07-2020, 09:10 AM
        • Tenant's NtQ
          by HantsAgent
          I have a tenant (an unmarried couple, joint and severally liable AST) in a property with some fairly substantial arrears.

The female partner has contacted me recently to state that she was largely unaware of the financial issues and has just discovered that her partner has been hiding numerous...
          10-07-2020, 14:09 PM
        • arrears and damage
          by Dougie99
          Hi, I have recently had 2 tenants leave Mother and daughter and 2 kids. They had been in arrears since Feb and left owing £2130.

I had £1040 deposit signed to me and they signed an agreement to pay arrears over 12 months, they moved out a day before they said they were going to and moved...
          11-07-2020, 08:10 AM
        • Reply to deposit deductions
          by mind the gap
          This is not an attack on OP, but in my experience the landlords who are most officious about demanding that tenants pay for professional cleaning at the end of the tenancy are the least likely to have ensured such cleaning happened prior to its commencement.

There really should be no...
          11-07-2020, 07:09 AM
        • deposit deductions
          by Piptrees
          Tenancy agreement clearly states carpets and curtains should be professionally cleaned at the end of the tenancy. Outgoing tenant did not have these done so presumably I have the the right to deduct these costs from his deposit?
          10-07-2020, 16:45 PM
        • Reply to Can LL seek compensation for unpaid rent if tenancy was ended over text message?
          by mariner
          IMO No. A SPT period can be valid for upto 3 years
          11-07-2020, 03:51 AM
        • Can LL seek compensation for unpaid rent if tenancy was ended over text message?
          by youngnotgullible
          Sorry if this isn't the right place to post. Desperate for any input on the situation I'm in.

I ended my tenancy early. On the 1st of April I sent my landlord a text message stating that I'd 'transfer [April's] rent' to him, and that it would be my last month spent in the room. I initially...
          09-07-2020, 20:42 PM
          by mariner
          A Tenant only has to 'return Property in similar condition,less FW&T, as of start of T.'
          11-07-2020, 03:29 AM
          by Piptrees
          “To arrange for the Property to be professionally cleaned on the termination on the
          tenancy and pay for any cleaning services that may be required to reinstate the Property to
          the same order in which it was provided at the commencement of the tenancy including
          the cleaning of...
          11-07-2020, 02:23 AM
        Working...
        X