What to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do?

2 weeks ago my current who has been for the last 6 months said he wanted to end his 12 month term to move to a bigger place which I agreed to. He’s been great and has paid for month 7 even tho he will be gone. Because of a job change I can no longer manage the property so I asked a local agent to fully manage it and they found someone who paid a holding deposit and wants to move in on April the 6th.

But now this virus has hit. Do I try and convince the current tenant to stay or go with the new one? The current tenant is the manager of my local shopping centre in town and for now earns good money. This new one is a photographer and past all the checks and for a bit extra I was offered RGI.

Not sure what to do

Both sound like vulnerable jobs to me in the current climate, although that description might extend to more than half the working population in the coming weeks. Not sure what else you can do tbh

Comment

Spoke to the letting agent and they said for now if I take out RGI I will be covered if the T defaults but they think in the next few weeks the policies will change. So I’ll stick with the new guy.

what has just annoyed me is Russell Kane on the one show said landlords will be fine with payment breaks from the banks and getting full rent. What a clown

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X