• Show
Clear All

• Bach
    replied
    Thanks, I'll get the docs over to her

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    Until you serve notice(s) compliant with s48 & S3 you are not fully the landlord
    No rent due unless s48, possible fines & criminal record S3. Your solicitor may just possibly have done it

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    Originally posted by Bach View Post
    s there a way to keep existing ast and I just take over?
    That happened automatically when you completed the purchase.

Serve formal notice that you are now her landlord, give her your address and tell her where to pay the rent.

Leave a comment:

• Bach
    replied
    Or is there a way to "evict" her without going through the eviction process?

She is in her 70s and has multiple health issues. She desperately wants to leave as this is a first floor flat.

The council are being their usual difficult selves and are saying they can't speed up the process unless she is physically removed by bailiffs.

So just to clarify. I am happy to sign the tenant up on a new 6 month fixed term. Tenant does not want this option as she feels it may slow her chances of obtaining a ground floor council property down and she also doesn't want to break the terms of her new fixed term contract.

Is there a way to keep existing ast and I just take over?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Bach
    replied
    17 years ago but she signed a new agreement last year

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    When does tenant say she 1st moved in?

Leave a comment:

• Bach
    started a topic New property, existing elderly tenant

New property, existing elderly tenant

Hi

I completed on a purchase which came with a tenant who was on a periodic ast.

The tenant is elderly and has some health issues. She has been on the councils "sheltered housing" list and recently been informed that she may be offered a ground floor property within the next few months.

I was going to sign her up to a new 6 month ast but she is requesting that I keep the current tenancy (between her and the previous owner) as this is now a periodic tenency.

If I keep the current ast, do I need to have her sign any documentation, if so, what documentation?

I would prefer to issue a new ast.

She would be happy to sign a new ast not does not want to be in a fixed term due to her maybe having to break the terms of the contract if she is offered a new property by the council.

Will I be able to offer a 2 month ast which then runs periodically once the two months are up or would it be easier to keep the existing paperwork?

Thanks

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X