Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video evidence of serving notice

Hello,

Can anyone advise on how to submit evidence of serving a notice? I videoed it being served. Should I therefore, just submit a memory stick with footage?

Thanks for any advise

Go for it. But don't expect anyone to watch it.

Comment

Ok thanks.

Comment

Is it not the best way to prove service?
        Should I have just posted it normal post, a few days built in to allow for it to be delivered and proof of postage receipt?

Comment

There's a form, there's always a form.
          https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ate-of-service
          When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
          Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Do you actually have a dispute about whether notice was served, or are you thinking of filing evidence of it with the claim for possession?
            I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

No just submitting it/ using it as evidence with my N5B.

Comment

I thought that courts didn't routinely accept video evidence?

Comment

Originally posted by Cybil View Post
                  No just submitting it/ using it as evidence with my N5B.
                  Making needless work for yourself. A copy of the notice is required to be attached to the claim form. It says nothing about evidence of service. If the tenant dispute service, then I presume the judge's case management before a hearing will ask for any evidence supporting the claim/defence. Then worry about how to submit it.
                  I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

Thank you everyone. A great help.

Comment

Originally posted by KTC View Post
                      It says nothing about evidence of service.
                      I don't know what n5b form you are looking at KTC. Question 5 reads as follows:
                      5.On theDDMMYYYY, a notice in writing (under s.21 of the Housing Act 1988), saying that possession of the premises was required, was served upon the defendant(s). It was served by (state how, when and by whom the notice was sent or delivered):The notice expired on theDDMMYYYYAttached to this claim form is a copy of that notice marked ‘C’ [and proof of service marked ‘C1’]

Comment

I honestly didn't see that!

Err, burn onto a CD it is then I guess.

Comment

The certificate of service is the proof you attach.
                          When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
                          Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Thank you! I did see the C1 but - which made me ask.
                            but I will do the form, too. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                            X