X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section 21 help

• Sazy180@aol.com 25-02-2020, 22:56 PM
      Good evening all,

I am looking to evict tenants at the end of their tenancy August 4th 2020. They are on a 12 month lease. They have run the property down and caused no end of damage this past 3 months. Prior to that they were great.
      I now want them out. They signed a tenancy disclosing 2 months notice which I'm happy with.

However.. The gent became disabled (mobility scooter) 12 months ago after a freak illness. I feel bad but hey ho moving on. I need my home back, I've separated with my partner and have a small baby in tow. Staying with family until August then we can move back in.

Question is... Am I right to give them more notice with him being disabled or stick to the 2 months notice?
      I am. Aware they've applied for housing recently but they are unable I have found out. Concerned if I only give 2.lpnths notice it won't be emoigh for them? The rent is already paid until August so no stress there.

What do I do?

I don't want the sob story of where will we go etc. There wasn't enough time. But at the same time.. Concerned they may cause damage.

Help. Advice needed.

It will help to let them know now that you will be serving notice in June so that they will need to move out in August.
    There's no point giving them formal notice any earlier, because s21 notices expire if they aren't escalated to court within six months of service.

If they are hoping for a council property, the council may get involved in the process which can cause delay.

Your notice has remarkably little effect, and the tenant is free to ignore it completely and you would then have to go to court to repossess your property.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

My advise don't be nice, be professional, serve your notice in June, don't inform the T, my experience is the more you try to help them out the worse they get, if the T is going to trash your place (any further) they will do it regardless if you tell them earlier or not, they may also stop paying rent if they haven't done so already.

Comment

I assume you didn't serve notice before the tenancy began that you may want to live in the property at some point in the future and may seek possession under ground 1 of s8?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X