Have Possession Order - No contact From Tennant - Looks like they have left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have Possession Order - No contact From Tennant - Looks like they have left

I have a Possession order, tenant has until tomorrow to leave (they had 14 days) I have pushed letters through asking their intentions but have had no reply.
    There is a 1/2 filled skip on the drive - looks like the house is empty (from what little I can see though the window)
    Obviously they still have the keys...

When the 14 days are up i.e. tomorrow - If it still looks like they have left can I enter the house with a witness, and assuming they have left - change the locks? and assume they have now gone?

The only 100% risk free thing to do is to arrange bailiffs to return possession to you.

Anything else has an element of risk.
    And how likely is it that the tenants would leave a skip outside your property?
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

If you decide to repossess, keep plenty of photographic and documentary evidence of abandonment so that you have some defence against a claim of illegal eviction

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X