Rent to serviced accomodation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rent to serviced accomodation

Has anyone rented their property to someone who wants to use it as serviced accomodation? I've had about 4 enquires regarding this now, I initially dismissed the first 3 but this property is taking a little longer to rent than others, I've got a BTL mortgage on it so I'd assume that would prevent the tenant doing SA, I assume only landlords with unemcummbered properties get involved with this.

It's really odd, this is the best 4 bed property I have, it's in almost new condition (hence the SA interest) and I thought it would fly off, anyone else had this, the better property taking longer than the worst? I know the answer is price!!!

My more expensive properties take longer to let - everytime.
    Times are hard for most people.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
      My more expensive properties take longer to let - everytime.
      Times are hard for most people.
      Have you ever considered some of these rent to serviced accommodation types? this guy doesn't seem fresh out of the training room, his Facebook profile and website has some very impressive properties, clearly been doing it a while and very well. Funny how a void (if you're not used to them) can make you think, I hope the right tenant will come soon, but I agree more expensive properties seem to take longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Glover1862 View Post
        Have you ever considered some of these rent to serviced accommodation types?
        No.

If the model is so successful, why doesn't the company own its own properties?
        It's the same fundamental issue I have with rent to rent (other than local authorities doing it), it's fundamentally a bad strategy to rent from other people.
        When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Any rent to rent scheme comes with risks. See here: https://www.landlordlawblog.co.uk/20...nal-rent-rent/ and here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpFU...ture=emb_title

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X