Section 8 or just wait?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by redgoody View Post
    Is it easy enough to issue a S8 myself? The section 6A was issued by the agents at a cost of £135. I’m guessing I can just use an online template and hand deliver (recorded placing through letter box)?
    Any advice please?

Comment

Originally posted by redgoody View Post

Any advice please?
      Send two copies one each from different post offices and get a certificate of posting (it's free). A recorded letter might be refused but if you send the letter in a box (I add a few pebbles in a bag taped down to the inside of the box so it rattles and the T won't know they're getting served documents) and get somebody to witness the placing of the notice in the box and sign over the tape, it is more likely to be signed for. The PO will stick a label on it that doesn't have the post code of the area you are sending it from. Where the return address is put a friend's address who doesn't live near you (ask them first!).

Comment

I’m not so worried about delivering it, as we’ll hand deliver it and film it going through the letter box.

its more getting the content correct and using the correct template that I’m concerned with.

we’ll issue it on 3 grounds - consistently late rent, arrears and over 2 months in arrears.

plan to give 14 days to get out, which we know they won’t, do what do we do when the 14 days have passed?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X