Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jpkeates
    replied
    If your notice ends on the last day of the month, you would be better off.

In the absence of a tenancy agreement, I don't really see what the landlord could realistically do (other than make threats!).

I suspect the landlord will be difficult about returning the deposit, and you may need to remind them of their failure to comply with the legislation to protect the deposit.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs Mug
    replied
    You have a verbal tenancy agreement. But for any useful advice, please answer the questions in the link below with exact dates.

https://forums.landlordzone.co.uk/fo...om-new-posters

Leave a comment:

• advice required, vacating property with a verbal agreement only

Hello,

i'm here for some advice, I will try and keep it short and sweet.

Myself and my partner have found ourselves in a situation where we moved into a house without a tenancy agreement/ specific terms agreed in writing.

We did this only on the trust that the landlord would get this over to us in due course, as advised by them and we requested it many times prior to and since moving into the property, but is has fallen upon deaf ears.

We also haven't received details of where our deposit is being protected and have checked all three gov approved agencies and they all have no record of it either, we also never had an EPC or Gas safety certificate,

It is an old house and regularly has problems, we where possible try to fix what we can ourselves but there has been two major issues thus far, with an external door that wouldn't lock and would get stuck, and recently due to the storm a leak through the ceiling. every time we contact the landlord we are met with either, no response at all or an aggressive tone that we are bothering her and her family. The leak is ongoing we send updates and photos but no response. I am worried about our possessions and are safety, i see the ceiling falling through if it goes through another storm!

Due to this and feeling generally rather uncomfortable with the whole arrangement and we don't want to live in a house where the landlord seem's to not care what happens to it.

We have found a new home and landlord (a normal one), but we don't want to leave ourselves open to possibly any legal implications so i'm seeking advice.

For clarity, we pay x rent amount on the 1st of every month and paid our deposit for x amount prior to moving in.

our move in day was 30th November and the rent payment date as agreed with the LL was to be the 1st.

we haven't agreed a fixed term and were awaiting a tenancy agreement to be sent to us for us to review (this was never received and after 3 times we stopped chasing to avoid confrontation stupidly i know)

is there any assumptions for notice period based on what you'd consider a verbal contract? or should we assume it is periodic?

To cover ourselves i was planning to send a Notice to quit and giving 30 days notice as in line with rent being paid monthly.

is this correct or are we risking being lumped with rental arrears legal proceedings?

any advice or help would be appreciated, i have never been in this situation before and believe me the lesson has been learnt.

thank you in advance Lo

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X