What type of tenancy agreement should I need?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    What type of tenancy agreement should I need?

    I'm Thomas came from Hungary with my girlfriend. By a Hungarian employment agency. And I rented a room from his partner.
    I paid by wire transfer. £ 1,150 (her private account)
    3 weeks rent. 3 × £ 170 / weeks
    2 weeks holding deposit. 2 × £ 170 weeks
    Airport transfer: £ 50 with their own car.
    fees: £ 200
    I only received the lease agreement 2 days later after I moved out. it is lodger agreement.
    But I can't stay in the room because the room was very dirty moldy. The matrass moldy, uncomfortable. The kitchen is small, too much trash and not safety. I cant prepare the food. Unhealty dirty kitchen tops. We had to leave the room and the house. We did not sleep single night here.
    I tried to speak this woman we didnt get any help from her. She doesn't want to give back to my money either.
    The house contains 4 double bedrooms and a separate studio flat. couple in studio flat. 2 people each room. This house does not have a HMO license.
    I didn't get rent book or rent receipts. I tried to complain but I don't know where they live and they have no have office. she's not registered any redress shemes.
    I just got a property title. I checked the registered owner. this is a Rental Agent in Bristol. MB Estate Ltd I found: https://news.bristol.gov.uk/news/ano...rd-prosecution
    I think it's a Subletting.
    they said my money was not refundable. I am desperate. I don't know what to do.

    Please give me advice

    You should speak to Shelter, who are a UK charity specialising in housing problems.
    That sounds like an illegal HMO and they should be able to help.

    If you can edit your post to remove the company name, that would be helpful.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).


      You could also try the Housing Office at your local Council - they can take enforcement actions against illegal HMOs.

      I am sorry your first experience of British Landlords is such a poor one - we are not all like this! Once you get sorted, try renting through a reputable agency.

      Good luck


      Latest Activity