Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boletus View Post
    If only I had a £ for everytime...…
    Yes although on this occasion I do know she was genuinely scammed. I was involved in helping her getting stuff sorted for the bank submission for re-claim and read all the correspondence - she was utterly dumb, but the bank was also totally negligent. My bank are forever blocking card payments for no earthly reason - this one had 1000 red flags of "scam" (unusual amount for her, new payee, foreign ISP log-in where she had logged in from the UK only hours before -- would have thought even the dumbest AI system would pick this up.

I also know she has plenty of other cash -- she just can't easily withdraw from fixed deposits without penalty - so I'm happy to wait to see if the bank refunds her. Friendly good tenants get good responses. She didn't just not-pay and blank me.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewDod View Post

Yes although on this occasion I do know she was genuinely scammed. I was involved in helping her getting stuff sorted for the bank submission for re-claim and read all the correspondence - she was utterly dumb, but the bank was also totally negligent. My bank are forever blocking card payments for no earthly reason - this one had 1000 red flags of "scam" (unusual amount for her, new payee, foreign ISP log-in where she had logged in from the UK only hours before -- would have thought even the dumbest AI system would pick this up.

You know best.

But..

Originally posted by AndrewDod View Post
      she just can't easily withdraw from fixed deposits without penalty -

If only I had a £ for everytime...…

Exactly how much penalty to withdraw from fixed deposits (in £ and pence) would it cost her to pay the rent she owes?

Comment

SO's will only be paid if there ar sufficient funds in the payee's bank account on that date.

Comment

One possibility is that rent payment is not well-aligned with income payment.
          Not everyone can budget well. T may be needing to obtain money from a savings account to pay the rent (put there to avoid spending it on other things) and doesn't want the rent taken before she has ensured that the money is available.

I have with several tenants agreed to rent being paid just after pay day rather than insist on it being paid the due date a few days before pay day.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Washing Machine/Rent arrears
            by jpkeates
            Revisit the repayment plan.

You know you owe the money, but, right now, can't pay what you thought you could.
            That's fair enough.

Offer the agent/landlord a revised plan based on your new circumstances....
            08-04-2020, 08:39 AM
          • Washing Machine/Rent arrears
            by Washingmachine44
            Hi Everyone,

I'm a former tenant of a property and I'm looking for some advice. I rented a property in London for 7 years with my GF and moved out in February of this year. I still owe 2 months rent arrears and this is being paid of in agreed installments through the estate agent. ...
            07-04-2020, 17:54 PM
          • Reply to Properties for sale AND Let?
            by theartfullodger
            If tenanted and then sold, the sale does not end the tenancy nor require tenant to leave.

New owner becomes new landlord, even if outside with removals van and screaming kids. Normal eviction processes apply .
            08-04-2020, 07:47 AM
          • Properties for sale AND Let?
            by Questioningtenant
            HI! Apologies if this is a stupid question; I am rather ignorant in terms of a property being offered for sale and for let at the same time.

I'm a tenant currently looking for a larger rental property and I've noticed a trend in my area in recent times to place a property both for sale...
            07-04-2020, 21:27 PM
            by boletus
            You have to look at yourself in the mirror every morning?
            Karma?

Or on a practical level;

The stress finishes off the landlord. The grandson then takes over the estate and is not such a good man. He is very upset at the tenant's low behaviour after the old man
            08-04-2020, 07:27 AM
            by boletus
            I have low quality machines still going strong more than 20 years old. I've also replaced one that was 2 years and 2 months old (I remember looking up the just out of date warranty- bearings had gone)

https://www.tenancydepositscheme.com...sing-items.pdf

It is reasonable to...
            08-04-2020, 06:59 AM
          • Reply to Properties for sale AND Let?
            by BTL investor
            Only reason I can think of is that whilst the property is untenanted the owner puts it up for rent but also puts it up for sale at a high price just in case a buyer willing to pay the high price comes along.
            07-04-2020, 23:31 PM
          • Reply to Restrictions on rental agent
            by Mike_H
            Here in Aus, agents are allowed to do individual viewings, auctions are going ahead (albeit online) and you still see removal vans moving people in and out of places etc Sounds like we're a little less restricted than the UK at the moment.

Hopefully we get over all this sooner rather than...
            07-04-2020, 23:28 PM
          • Restrictions on rental agent
            by Mike_H
            I'm currently living abroad so am not up on the restrictions currently in place in the UK.

The tenant in my house (in the UK) is leaving at the end of the month. My rental agent has advertised the property and has had plenty of interest, but is telling me that there is nothing they can...
            07-04-2020, 21:28 PM
          • Reply to Restrictions on rental agent
            by Questioningtenant
            Some letting agents are offering 'virtual viewings' although in my area, these seem few and far between. I have also send a couple of properties switch to 'Let Agreed' in the past couple of days and many agents are processing everything digitally - I think it depends largely on the agent in terms of...
            07-04-2020, 22:17 PM
          Working...
          X