FAO LL's. How long would you wait for a tenant to reside?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MdeB
    replied
    If agent is not making things move, then look for another place.

Leave a comment:

• royw
    replied
    Most tenant's need to give a month's notice so I would expect between 1 and 2 months. I would keep looking at other properties as you don't know that you will be offered this one.

Leave a comment:

• FAO LL's. How long would you wait for a tenant to reside?

As the title states: How long would you call 'reasonable' to wait for a tenant to move into your [empty] property upon approval?

I applied for a new house via LA on 30th Jan, expecting some form of result by at least 4th Feb - which would have given me 24 hours to post out my notice to my current LL, as my periodic tenancy period ends on 5th of every month. This would have fell nicely with the upcoming rent to be used as the new houses' rent in advance, if I could move in by 5/6th March.

I contacted the LA today for an update on the application and they still have yet to receive a response from the LL with their decision as to whether or not they wish to go ahead with referencing. They are also refusing a holding deposit unless LL wishes to proceed.

This has now delayed a possible moving date by an extra month as my notice to quit will expire on 5th April if I served it this month and I couldn't risk giving my notice and end up having an unsuccessful application. If it does end up being approved, I'm unfortunately not in the position financially to overlap both properties for an entire month - unless my current LL allows half of my deposit (currently 2 months rent worth) as a final payment.

Is waiting until April from now too unreasonable?

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X