What do these signs tell you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People rarely change the back door (and any french window) locks, because front door locks are easier to change.
    Keep copies of those keys as well.

If there's a back gate provide a padlock and keep a key.

Not much help in a block of flats, admittedly.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

thank you. that's a good suggestion. Didn't occur to me that the locks on the back door may not have been changed

Comment

ok so further update on this. the police raided the house on the basis of a neighbour's burglary complaint. the neighbour saw a few men running back and forth from the property and left the door open way past midnight. what was shocking was that the police didn't do much other than changing the back door locks and retained keys. Said they have nothing else to do with the property as they didn't find any real cannabis. I asked if it was safe for me to go in and the response was 'your property, do whatever you like with it'. I walked into a house full of wiring, foil and leftover grow pots. the equipment is probably worth quite a lot of money. ceilings holed up in a few rooms, furniture dismantled. I was incredibly shocked thinking about the police response as I would have thought they would take possession of the equipment and began wondering if I did the right thing by going in. unless ofcourse there is some local surveillance that they wouldn't ofcourse tell us about. I am looking to go back to get everything in a skip and get it done with. staring at a £10k bill. Does anyone see any issues with this? and other than this I am seriously considering complaining against police negligence. may be I should sell this stuff and use the money towards repairs.. this is so disturbing.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear about your house. I think you'll still have to apply to the court for possession. Wait and see what others suggest.

Comment

I would take plenty of photos and repossess immediately. I wouldnt anticipate anyone suing for illegal eviction under the circumstances.

Comment

DPT57 - thank you. That was my thinking too. And yes I have a full video and also plan to take many photos.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Discount request from tenant
                by forest777
                and according to Rentshield documents, our cover is currently useless as ""Rent Guarantee
                Cover will be provided in respect of Rent owed by the Tenant where the
                Tenant has failed to pay the Rent in part or in full on the due date
                shown in the Tenancy Agreement and You are...
                08-04-2020, 12:08 PM
              • Discount request from tenant
                by forest777
                Good morning all.

Our tenants have just requested a discount. They have a guarantor.One of the tenants is self-employed but their reference from December 2018 says he had not submitted any tax returns presumably as the reference states he has been self employed for less than a year. The...
                08-04-2020, 11:44 AM
                by forest777
                Sorry - the guarantor does have records and very healthy income levels. It's the male tenant who didn't on December 2018 but may do now. The message I received was that the husband (builder - self employed) and wife (hairdresser - self-employed but the reference said employed) have been at home for...
                08-04-2020, 12:06 PM
              • Reply to Tenant moved father in. Advice please.
                by DPT57
                I think its a risk for the landlord as he has been told formally of the fathers presence....
                08-04-2020, 12:04 PM
              • Tenant moved father in. Advice please.
                by skidder
                I have come into a situation with one of my tenants. The flat is one bedroom and my tenants father has been repeatedly coming to visit. It looks like he is trying to move into the property as I have been informed by text from the council that there is another tenant at the address.(he has been coming...
                07-04-2020, 14:07 PM
                by jpkeates
                If the guarantor is self employed with no tax returns, they are useless as a guarantor and so you can just ignore their status or problems.

What's changed in the tenant's position?
                08-04-2020, 12:02 PM
              • Reply to Rent reduction, tenant Furloughed due to Covid-19
                by jpkeates
                If you've agreed to reduce the rent, the tenant won't owe anything afterwards.
                If you've agreed that the tenant can have a part payment holiday, they'll owe the rent afterwards.

However, if the tenant can only pay the rent back over 12 to 18 months (which makes sense, because for...
                08-04-2020, 11:59 AM
              • Rent reduction, tenant Furloughed due to Covid-19
                by denyason
                hello forum. My tenant works for the lettings company managing the property in question. The tenant has been furloughed and I have agreed to reduce the rent by £500 per month for 3 months (subject to change) until her return to full pay. When she does resume full pay she will repay the deficit in...
                08-04-2020, 11:50 AM
              • Reply to Washing Machine/Rent arrears
                by Section20z
                He rented out a property and refused to provide a washing machine or even a fridge ?
                You must have had very bad experience of landlords if that's a good one :-(...
                08-04-2020, 11:32 AM
              • Washing Machine/Rent arrears
                by Washingmachine44
                Hi Everyone,

I'm a former tenant of a property and I'm looking for some advice. I rented a property in London for 7 years with my GF and moved out in February of this year. I still owe 2 months rent arrears and this is being paid of in agreed installments through the estate agent. ...
                07-04-2020, 17:54 PM
              Working...
              X