X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section 21 hearing expectancy?

Hello all hope you all well?

​​​
    I wanted to know what to expect when I attend court next month for section 21 hearing?

Also what paper work is sent to tenants in regards to possession hearing?

I have provided the company who is dealing with case a record of time line of events but does this get submitted to tenants via court papers? Also as this has been update through the year?

How can section 21 be contested at court?

Appreciate the replies

Thank you all.
    ​​​​

The tenants will get a copy of the forms or the company have submitted to court.

Each part of the claim form is subject to challenge, so it's possible that you will be required to provide evidence for everything you've asserted on the form.
    Hopefully the company you have retained will arrange this.

A s21 can be challenged on procedural grounds.
    There's a checklist here - https://nearlylegal.co.uk/section-21-flowchart/

Best outcome, the tenant won't turn up.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Thank you for the reply.

In the circumstance where the tenants did not provide full deposit.

And paid remainder deposit 2 months later.

And never got protected during 30 day.

And was never protected.

And was paid back 2 months later.

And have never paid rent on time.

What happens in this scenario?

Thank you again.

Comment

Do some LL training and join NLA/RLA.

Comment

If you've got proper evidence that you returned the deposit then it should not invalidate the s21. Never take deposits piecemeal. The tenant can easily point to the tenancy agreement which says the deposit was paid and the courts will believe them.

Comment

Appreciate the answers. Thank you.

I have got letter signed from tenants to validate return of deposit.

When it comes to court procdure how does it play out?

Thank you again

Comment

Originally posted by T4N1 View Post
              What happens in this scenario?
              If the tenant chooses to challenge the validity of the s21 notice, you are going to have to prove that everything necessary to allow a valid notice was done.

Taking a partial deposit is always a disaster as is not protecting it properly.
              Once things start off being done badly, the rest is usually an escalating series of bad things.
              When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
              Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Aiming to get a CCJ on ex tenant
                by Stew
                I understand you are upset but chase the person named on the lease, if they are together still it will impact the both of them so chasing for the CCJ on the named tenant will still impact the one not named as it will carry forward with them if they don't pay right away and when they try and rent again...
                29-05-2020, 18:55 PM
              • Aiming to get a CCJ on ex tenant
                by MadLL
                Apologies if I have posted this before, but I cannot find my original post, if I did indeed post!
                I rented my property to a tenant. I knew at the start of the tenancy that the partner planned to move in at a later date, although the tenant denied the partner ever moved in as I expect they did...
                29-05-2020, 17:30 PM
              • Reply to The tenant won't pay due rent
                by Perce
                DPT57

I agree and this is a problem. Very difficult to find someone you can trust that they would do a good job.

It looks like one has to become a solicitor first to be able to deal with solicitors. Solicitors forget half of the things you tell them, make errors, expect...
                29-05-2020, 18:52 PM
              • The tenant won't pay due rent
                by Uklondoner
                The tenant just told me he can't pay not even half and didn't apply for benefit probably doesn't know how to. He said I can call Police. What to do now? I know the government back people like him....
                18-04-2020, 18:34 PM
                by Hudson01
                I can not see you getting anywhere with the ex tenants partner but i totally agree you should chase the non paying tenant until the end of time, its is the previous landlords in not going after the arrears which then caused your tenant to be able to not pay you...... somewhere a stand has to be mad...
                29-05-2020, 18:38 PM
                by Perce
                Send your ex tenant a 14 days pre action letter first....
                29-05-2020, 18:33 PM
              • Reply to Section 21
                by Perce
                The tenant should move to a cheaper accommodation which he can afford....
                29-05-2020, 18:31 PM
              • Section 21
                by zrux
                Hi

My tenant was struggling to pay rent, they wanted to move to council house. And asked me to serve notice.
                I served them the section 21 Notice on 28Apr2020 and gave them 4 months to vacate the property on 31-Aug

Since then the tenant says he doesn't want to move out...
                28-05-2020, 13:18 PM
              • Reply to Section 21
                by Perce
                MdeB

The tenant should produce evidence that he is not paying rent due to coronavirus. Also it does not mean he should continue living in the property forever and not pay rent due to coronavirus
                29-05-2020, 18:30 PM
              • Reply to Existing tenant wants a dog
                by islandgirl
                I allow dogs in our holiday let and residential houses - but I like dogs which I think plays a part in the decision!
                29-05-2020, 18:27 PM
              Working...
              X