Paid deposit & first months rent but landlord is ignoring me and I dont have the keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Berlingogirl View Post
    Has your deposit been paid into one of the schemes? You should have received paperwork such as Terms and Conditions and Prescribed Information.
    I haven't received any kind of paper work other than the tenancy agreement :|

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
      In which case, they can return it.
      Thank you. I might contact my bank also to see if I can do a charge back just incase.

Comment

Originally posted by jocular View Post
        I ... visited the agency (told he is not in the office or in a meeting and they will get him to call me later, of course this didn't happen.) to try to get the keys and be able to move in.
        This sounds a bit strange.
        Is the landlord an employee of the agency?

Comment

Originally posted by MdeB View Post

This sounds a bit strange.
          Is the landlord an employee of the agency?
          I am unsure, he may do considering he is apparently at the office in "meetings"

Comment

If you have the landlord name search him/her on social media, Linkdin and 192.com See what that turns up about this person.

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

Originally posted by jocular View Post

I paid by bank transfer to the estate agent.
              Was that account belongs to the letting agent 's personal account or their trading/business account.

Comment

Have you been to their office? How sure are you that this is a bona fide agent?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Can I Stay in the Property to Make Repairs?
                  by DPT57
                  Yes, I agree about the acting reasonably and interestingly the legislation seems to allow for this too through the use of the word "include"

For the purposes of paragraph (1), the circumstances in which a person (“P”) has a reasonable excuse include cases where....
                  03-06-2020, 17:00 PM
                • Can I Stay in the Property to Make Repairs?
                  by DJVera
                  Hi all - I'm new to this so apologies if this (or similar) has been dealt with somewhere else!
                  I own a property in the south west but currently live in London. I've been renting the property out privately. My last tenant moved out in January 2020 and I was planning to get quite a bit of (much needed)
                  01-06-2020, 13:38 PM
                • Reply to My tenant lied to me
                  by Uklondoner
                  The rent has to be two months or more in arrears? My case the tenant owe me less than two months can still do the form?...
                  03-06-2020, 16:50 PM
                • My tenant lied to me
                  by Uklondoner
                  My tenant lied to me saying he missed the first universal credit payment. But actually according to one of my friend the payment normally only take two weeks to come directly to the bank account. What can I do? Can I find a way to let the universal credit directly make overdue rent payment? I really...
                  03-06-2020, 09:54 AM
                  by theartfullodger
                  As a stupid landlord I take grave exception to your slur, Sir!

Next week, amazing, unexpected, revelations that from time2time landlords lie to tenants.............. and agents from time2time lie to landlords AND tenants... and MPs & a particular special adviser seem to lie to most...
                  03-06-2020, 16:22 PM
                • Reply to Access to sheds
                  by DPT57
                  Possibly, although I was basing my comment on this phrase in the original post:...
                  03-06-2020, 16:21 PM
                • Access to sheds
                  by endymion
                  Hi. We have been renting a flat for the past decade under an Assured Shorthold Tenancy. The flat is one of five in a single block. The back garden contains a large outbuilding comprising ten sheds. Implicitly, then, two sheds per flat. The inventory does contain the wording 'Garages, Sheds, Outbuildings:'...
                  03-06-2020, 10:09 AM
                  by Uklondoner
                  Thanks so much !...
                  03-06-2020, 16:21 PM
                • Reply to Access to sheds
                  by AndrewDod
                  Then you need to go the route I said. Unless there is a lease which specifically defines the demise of Flat X that includes the shed(s) there is no reason at all to explicitly exclude anything....
                  03-06-2020, 16:17 PM
                  by nukecad
                  As it's UC then as a landlord you need to submit a form UC47 to apply to the DWP for a 'Managed Payments to Landlord', which can include an amount for arrears.
                  However any repayment of arrears granted will be on a 'pay back at so much a month' basis.

UC47's can now be submitted online....
                  03-06-2020, 15:51 PM
                Working...
                X