Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I recieve Landlord Instructions

Can anyone come up with any ideas how I obtain Landlords Instructions
    whats and where is the best places to advertise.

Not having much joy as yet

A bit vague! What services are you marketing and to whom?
    For instance, are you:
    a. a letting agent;
    b. an insurance agent; or
    c. a flats' management agent?
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

If you can expand on what you are looking for MissyJ, I am sure there will be somebody who can assist.

Comment

Thank you Red40

I need asistance how can you help?

Comment

Help!!

I am a Letting Agent and was wondering how others obtain property instuctions to Manage and let Property for landlords I have had some
          luck but I need things to flow any Ideas?

Comment

Advertise and promote your business as best you can. Attend some LL get-to-gathers ( Some council do this ) join your local LL's association, Hob-nob and mingle.
            But the best way ( in the long run ) is offer a first rate service at a great price, that was the business will keep coming back to you.

Comment

Sound advice

Thank -You

Comment

A thorough perusal of all the posts on this site concerning letting agents will give you a good idea as to what and what not to do. Holding a technical qualification in the lettings business is an extremely good idea as is membership of ARLA or NEA or one of the other similar bodies.

P.P.
                Any information given in this post is based on my personal experience as a landlord, what I have learned from this and other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person.

Comment

Thank you
                  I think this site is great
                  Thanks

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Mouldy silicone wear and tear?
                    aciduzzo
                    Tenants are moving out today and i am doing the final inspection later; however, last time i was at the flat i noticed the bathroom was in a poor state.

What is the general opinion on black mould that has formed inside bathroom silicone? Is it considered wear and tear? Also, the seal...
                    03-07-2017, 08:07 AM
                  • Reply to Mouldy silicone wear and tear?
                    mystic08
                    You might like to gift your new tenants some Kilrock mould cleaner which is magic in a bottle! Cheapest in the Pound shop or The Range but supermarkets sell it too. Works brilliantly on algae too. Garden pots, patios, headstones etc.
                    22-07-2017, 20:52 PM
                  • Discussion - GDPR and implications on landlords
                    MrShed
                    I've just posted something on GDPR and then wondered whether it had been discussed on here before - a quick search implies its never been mentioned.

I thought I would raise a topic to discuss it and the implications on landlords.In effect this is a replacement of the Data Protection Act...
                    20-07-2017, 15:01 PM
                  • Reply to Discussion - GDPR and implications on landlords
                    jjlandlord
                    That's the exemption that allows sending data outside of the EEA, which is the issue discussed.

No, because of that very exemption....
                    22-07-2017, 19:19 PM
                  • Referencing question
                    kangoo1
                    A couple wants to rent from me, she is on maternity leave and will not be returning to her previous employment, he is permanently employed and moving due to a job transfer. I have referenced him for the full rent and his guarantor has been successfully referenced.
                    I am going to prepare the ast...
                    22-07-2017, 17:19 PM
                  • Claiming for protected deposit
                    mandm
                    This is an interesting one, got me into a spin.
                    Tenants signed AST but decided to leave after 6 months and 3 days (problem with moving) using the break clause in the AST. I protected the deposit using DPS (Insured) and returned the deposit minus deductions when the moved out.
                    I served the...
                    21-07-2017, 08:00 AM
                  • Reply to Claiming for protected deposit
                    JK0
                    I'll leave it at that. I'm not going to get into one of JPK's interminable arguments.
                    22-07-2017, 16:28 PM
                  • Reply to Discussion - GDPR and implications on landlords
                    jpkeates
                    That's simply one of the Schedule 2 exemptions which, if met, allows a process using personal data at all - all the other principles still apply in parallel (where it can be stored, be not excessive, kept up to date etc).

So, while it might be OK because it relates to a contract, there...
                    22-07-2017, 15:22 PM
                  • Excessive estate agent fees
                    Cml241
                    I have a property which I started renting out via an agency. When the contract started, they found new tenants, did the relevant checks etc and charged an upfront fee which equates to approx one month's rent. As one year has almost passed, the agent has approached me asking if I want them to 'renegotiate'...
                    21-07-2017, 16:26 PM
                  • Reply to Excessive estate agent fees
                    mariner
                    A new 12 month fixed term does provide LL & T with extra security but can lead to complications for either if their resp circumstances/legislation change during the new AST.
                    Personally, I would prefer if a orig AST was for a fixed 6 month term, followed by an SPT that required both LL &...
                    22-07-2017, 14:09 PM
                  Working...
                  X