Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long can a landlord take to review a check out report

Hey all,

We checked out of a property 7 days ago and have been advised that the landlord has not had time to read the check out report yet. This means we cannot get access to the deposit that's being held. Is there a limit to how long the landlord has to respond on a check out report? I get the feeling they are not that bothered as they just sold the property.

Depending on who the deposit is protected with, it's usually 14 days.

If the protection company hold the actual funds, there will be a way of making what's called a single claim to force the landlord to act.
    If the landlord holds the funds, you may need to threaten to sue them.

But a week isn't all that long.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Thanks, I know a week isn't long but by the same token I dont want to be waiting forever.. The deposit was through a letting agent so its through a protected scheme.

Comment

Chances are that the agents actually got the money.
        When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X