Electrical Safety Certificates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JK0 View Post

I think it's time for a landlords' strike, isn't it?

How about if none of us comply? (Not that it will be easy to comply anyway.) They can't lock us all up!
    They'll imprison the ones with no mortgages first.

Comment

jpkeates,

I think it's time for a landlords' strike, isn't it?

How about if none of us comply? (Not that it will be easy to comply anyway.) They can't lock us all up!
      Everyone should serve notice to all of their tenants blaming the new requirement.

When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
        Everyone should serve notice to all of their tenants blaming the new requirement.
        Oh, well I might if I had any intention of doing re-wires. There comes a point where laws are so ridiculous that no-one can observe them. I think we just reached it, didn't we?

Comment

Oh, well I might if I had any intention of doing re-wires. There comes a point where laws are so ridiculous that no-one can observe them. I think we just reached it, didn't we?
          If they don't change this legislation, I can't see how anyone letting a property not built after 2018 can possibly be compliant.
          When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
          Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

There are a few unanswered questions/chinks in this draft legislation that needed to be sorted before enactment but I am not sure they will be - I hope the local authorities are ready for the deluge of paperwork coming their way and yes I will expect written confirmation they have received it

Comment

my head gets mushed i agree a landlord strike - this govt gets greedier and greedier

https://residentiallandlord.com/regu...stors-in-2020/

Comment

How long before Govt will require an electrical safety Cert before any residential property can be sold?

Comment

FTA: I think we need to actually get possession orders as well, don't we? Tenant can then stay on paying rent, but any trouble, and bailiffs come to call.

Actually, I think this solution would be cheaper than trying to rewire the place with a tenant in situe.

Comment

It would be interesting to see the response to the possibility that tens of thousands of people would all need a new home all at the same time.

Comment

getting mixed up with EPC and electric regs is prevalent on landlords discussions... methinks thee and me will only get even more discombobulated as time marches on......

Comment

And then there is the NICEIC differentiation between an "Approved Contractor" (one who can do almost every type of electrical work) and a "Domestic Engineer" who is qualified to do Partp kitchen and bathroom type work.... minefield... minefield squared... ....

Comment

Originally posted by mariner View Post
                          How long before Govt will require an electrical safety Cert before any residential property can be sold?
                          When the number of MPs who are directors of Electrical Contractors companies reach 25% of parliamentary members ?

Comment

Originally posted by mariner View Post
                            Sounds like a good idea to me.
                            Then the buyer knows the state of the property and likely cost/timescales to address it.
                            This is not something that likely to be covered by a surveyor.

I don't see why there should be multiple inspections done if buyers drop out because of state of electrics.

Comment

If they don't change this legislation, I can't see how anyone letting a property not built after 2018 can possibly be compliant.
                              Out of interest can you explain this comment - I have read the draft but it's not leaping out at me :-(

Comment

Originally posted by cymro123 View Post
                                Out of interest can you explain this comment - I have read the draft but it's not leaping out at me :-(
                                It's because the draft specifies the 2018 regs, which itself required a steel consumer unit, plus also blue & brown wire cores. There is no allowance made for things that were deemed okay at the time they were installed.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                                X