AST Tenancy Agreement when using Insured Deposit Scheme (NOT Custodial)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AST Tenancy Agreement when using Insured Deposit Scheme (NOT Custodial)

Am trying to locate an AST Tenancy Agreement which will roll on to periodic tenancy after 6 months when using Insured Deposit Scheme. A first for me, I have always used Custodial and can’t find a Tenancy Agreement that suits. Would prefer not to rejig my own Tenancy Agreement in case I make a mistake! Any suggestions? Thank you. In Wales if that makes a difference. I can’t keep up with differences between Wales and England.

A number of organisations (including the RLA) have tenancy agreements available to purchase or that are free to members.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Yes, I looked at these but, unless I have missed something, they do not specify for insured tenancies in the options to choose from. Also, some possibly but only if you use a specific deposit provider.

Comment

Insured deposit I should have said. Sorry.

Comment

I don't use the insured scheme, never seen the point.

I don't think it really matters for the tenancy agreement, because the Prescribed Information will give the tenant the information that they need.
          When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
          Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

For most of my tenancies, I don’t take a deposit. I have also given despots back when tenants have paid them when I am certain as I can be they will be good tenants and I feel they could use the money. I have really struggled with getting custodial ones settled without lots of hassle. For the most part, I am lucky to have long term tenants so no deposit has been fine but I have a property that has just become available and I am torn between selling and renting. There seems to be a dearth of good tenants coming forward. Time of year perhaps? Anyway, wouldn’t want to rent without taking a deposit on this property so thought I would have a go at insured rather than custodial. I remember seeing an agreement somewhere that stated on cover ‘Assured SHORTHOLD Tenancy Agreement to be used where the deposit is registered with the TDS Insured Scheme.’ I don’t use TDS and can’t think where I would have seen this and wondered what is different about it (other than naming TDS of course!)

Comment

RLA do have a specific tenancy agreement for an insured deposit scheme. Its with TDS I think. Having said that, I agree with jpk that the insured scheme is a risk for landlords unless you're completely on top of it. If the insurance expires and you don't act then the deposit becomes unprotected.

Comment

mydeposits.co.uk seems very straightforward and they contact you but I would say I am on top of things like this. Just need to find tenancy agreement now or understand why they would be different. I assume it is just the reference to the deposit in the tenancy agreement but am just cautious about these things.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X