• Show
Clear All

• jghomer
    replied
    Thanks all.

Leave a comment:

• mariner
    replied
    IMO you would be in breach on 1 Apr, so raise the EPC to required standard before 1 Apr.

Leave a comment:

• KTC
    replied
    You had 2 years since the legislation came into force for new tenancies to get into compliance (or get out of letting), and that's not counting the 3 years before that after the regulations was made, can't really complain about not enough time. They only gave landlord of tenancies that rolls over into SPT after 2018 six months to sort things out......

But as JK0 states, there's the real world. I doubt you'll get into any trouble if you're actively taking action to get out of letting come 1 April.

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    I wouldn't worry about that. As long as you are complying when you sign the application for the PO, I don't see a problem.

Leave a comment:

• jghomer
    replied
    That seems a good plan, but I wondered whether, according to the letter of the law, that the EPC Regs would still have been breached? Because the tenancy would continue after April 1st regardless of the fact that I am applying for possession.

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    Just make sure you apply for a possession order before 1st April, surely?

Leave a comment:

• jghomer
    started a topic S21 and Compliance with New EPC Regs

S21 and Compliance with New EPC Regs

Hi All

I have a prop which is currently let out on an AST and she has stopped paying.

I intend serving a S21 this week so the effective date will be around End March.

The flat is EPC Cat F.

Now the new Cat E EPC laws come in on 1st April, and I am wondering whether I would still be breaking the law if she chooses to ignore the notice and continue occupation beyond that date, thereby forcing me to use Accelerated Possession after 1st April.

This same question may also be relevant to another property that will not be economically viable for me to raise to Cat E and therefore I may sell. So again, issue the S21, but am I still on the hook if they stay on past 1st April?

Thanks

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X