X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MdeB
    replied
    Originally posted by bazzeruk View Post
    I sense a con here (not, I hasten to add by the Agent, who is excellent) - or am i being cynical??
    From my vantage point, it sounds to me like it could be LA con, or collusion between them.

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    If lock warranties (about which I know nothing) are anything like manufacturer's warranties on motor vehicles, the rates that can be charged to the warrantor are much lower than can be charged to a retail punter.
    So by making a warranty claim, whoever does the work earns less, so you always try the punter first.

Leave a comment:

• Berlingogirl
    replied
    bazzeruk,
    I think, I'd think what you're thinking

Leave a comment:

• bazzeruk
    replied
    So, I asked for the agent to let me know who the lock manufacturers were so I could pursue the matter. So now, apparently, the locksmith has waived the call-out charge and is going to claim from the manufacturer. I sense a con here (not, I hasten to add by the Agent, who is excellent) - or am i being cynical??

Leave a comment:

• bazzeruk
    replied
    Welshie,

Exactly that. I am checking with managing agent.

Leave a comment:

• Welshie
    replied
    I think the OP means that he had a new lock with warranty installed recently which became faulty, the new lock replaced (which has not been charged for), but they are charging for the call out.

I think you need to check the t&cs of the warranty, but if the lock was a manufacturer fault, you shouldn't really be charged the call out fee to replace the faulty lock (but check the t&cs). I'm assuming it was the same locksmith that was called out to replace the lock that originally fitted it.

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    Originally posted by bazzeruk View Post
    Sorry - should have said, I am the landlord
    In which case, probably.
    You're responsible for the lock (unless the tenant damaged it).

It's the same as any other repair.

I'm not too sure why you'd think otherwise, so I am a bit concerned I've missed something.

Leave a comment:

• mariner
    replied
    Check your contract with LA if paying for full Management Service.

Leave a comment:

• bazzeruk
    replied
    Sorry - should have said, I am the landlord

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    If you're the tenant...

It depends if you broke the lock or caused it to be "faulty" and, possibly, whether you followed the correct process to report problems.

Leave a comment:

• bazzeruk
    started a topic Repairs under warranty

Repairs under warranty

We had the door lock changed on our property, which is managed by the letting agent.

The lock was faulty after a few weeks and had to be changed.

We are being charged for the call - out

Is that right?

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X