Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DPT57 View Post
    Hsa1, dont listen to policy reader
    Listen mate here everyone is sharing their views & opinion. Don't try to become arbitrator as who is right and who is wrong. Best way to keep windows open in morning once wake up and going to work and once returned in evening then close the windows and on the heating. This way you can reduce it but cannot finish it at all as stated earlier. Better the tenant use quality spray or if necessary paint the area. If still landlord complain then report to council.

Comment

Don't allow T to repaint!
      Do NOT allow T to leave windows open whilst they are at work as it is prob breaches LL Ins Policy and LL can enter to secure the Property, without Notice.

Policy reader, what training in LL&T Law etc have you taken?
      Views can be expressed and repudiated by others.

Comment

Originally posted by Policy reader View Post
        Berlingogirl,

The deposit holding authorities will maximum award you with £25 from deposit I bet with you. Its part of natural wear & tear. If you look your face in mirror now and then after one year then it won't be same regardless care you have done. Anything associated with natural wear & tear goes in favor of tenants and all these dumps/condensation must have been spotted & fixed when agency carry out regular inspections.
        No. Black mould caused by tenants' lifestyle is not fair wear and tear. Just the same as never flushing the toilet, never hoovering, never dusting, never mowing the lawn - these are not fair wear and tear: it's neglect

I inspected the property in Feb 2019 and wrote to the T about the condition of the property and how to fix it. They cleaned two small patches of mould.

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson01 View Post
          I would just suck this up and clean it off.
          I have had to clean it off myself. The worst room was the parents' bedroom. I had to wipe the ceiling over with bleach, then scrub it with one of those round curly metal pan scrubbers, then wipe over again - and we're talking about ALL over the ceiling. Then I painted it 3 times - twice with Once Matt then with pink to white paint. This has cost more than the £25 suggested by Policy reader in post #11. And this was just one room.

Comment

If the wall is not damaged but having the dump/condensation spots/scars then deductions from deposit would be illegal.
            Absolute nonsense.
            A) mould is not fair wear and tear and b) deductions from deposits have to be agreed with the tenant, and if they agree, it won't be illegal.

Still Better that tenant paint that area themselves as its not a very difficult work because the same thing the estate agent/landlord must have done before you moved in.
            Tenants shouldn't paint walls and particularly not "areas" of a wall.
            When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
            Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Listen mate here everyone is sharing their views & opinion. Don't try to become arbitrator as who is right and who is wrong.

Well, you see... the point that was being made, with humour, is that you WERE in fact WRONG. Maybe condider who the posters are before you wade in... some of these people have decades of experience and many put a lot of time into keeping up to date with legislation, researching issue for posters.

Best way to keep windows open in morning once wake up and going to work and once returned in evening then close the windows and on the heating. This way you can reduce it but cannot finish it at all as stated earlier.

All of which completely backtracks on your previous statement, the one we all disagree with... black mould from condensation IS NOT FWT, it IS a lifestyle thing, avoidable and treatable

Better the tenant use quality spray or if necessary paint the area. If still landlord complain then report to council.

Not repaint, as has been epxlained by a few posters. And if a tenant were to report this to a council the council would simply tell them how to clean it and avoid it comng back. They would be told that it is their lifestyle that is the root cause and that their landlord would be legally able to levy a fee for cleaning it up if they left it as is.

Comment

Originally posted by Berlingogirl

That's a really unacceptable comment.
                And I have flagged it up as such! There is absolutely no need for such racist clap trap!

Comment

Listen mate here everyone is sharing their views & opinion. Don't try to become arbitrator as who is right and who is wrong.
                  However, most of your posts, both on this thread and on others, show a lack of knowledge and understanding.
                  Therefore the original post was reasonable.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                  X