"AST" granted to limited company- is it valid at all?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Landlord New Landlord
    replied
    Originally posted by Bel View Post
    If you are going to court on a defended case you would be very wise to seek paid legal advice.
    Thanks for your reply Bel, i am well aware that i can get paid legal advise, but i thought as everyone does i'd ask on this forum first.

Leave a comment:

• Bel
    replied
    If you are going to court on a defended case you would be very wise to seek paid legal advice.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by New Landlord New Landlord View Post
    Not long left for the court hearing & i have been looking at the documents submitted to me & the courts by the T (company) & noticed that the witness statement does not have the wording 'I believe the facts stated in this witness statement are true' at the end & also it has not been signed.

Is this statement valid?
    Any legal people want answer the question above please.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Not long left for the court hearing & i have been looking at the documents submitted to me & the courts by the T (company) & noticed that the witness statement does not have the wording 'I believe the facts stated in this witness statement are true' at the end & also it has not been signed.

Is this statement valid?

Leave a comment:

• jeffrey
    replied
    Surely there is no contract between your T and your property management company PMC. Each has a separate contract with you only. Consequently, T cannot sue PMC and vice-versa.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Any thoughts on my last post above would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Today i had my property mangment company that i used to redecorate & re furnish my property contact me. He told me that the director of the company (my T) phoned him & was asking questions like:

When did you carry out the works?
    Do you have recipts for the materials used & for fittings replaced?
    Will you be prepared to testifiy in court that you carried out the works?
    When did you do the works?

& also told him (property mangment company) that i will pass your details onto my solicitors & they will be in contact with you. He (the director) even said he was pat of the authorities.

My question here is as this is a small claims court can the property mangment company be forced to go to court as he does not want anything to do with it?

I hope the above is understandable. Any advise would be very helpfull.

Leave a comment:

replied
    [QUOTE=TenantsLuvMe;88699]

Happy to help.

If you have any letters that you have sent the tenant or any person representing the tenant concerning the condition of the property or their failure to observe the terms of the tenancy agreement, add those too to the list.
    I have sort of, at the end of the term when i conducted check out with a rep for the T(the company) i made a list of all that was missing & damaged for each room & posted it with a covering letter but did not get a reply. I will be submitting a copy of this.

Leave a comment:

• TenantsLuvMe
    replied
    [QUOTE=New Landlord New Landlord;88697]
    Originally posted by TenantsLuvMe View Post

Thanks TenantsLuvMe for your quick reply. You have just made me feel that much better & that less nervous.

This is why i come on this forum because of people like you & the others that have replied giving the help & advice that is vital & useful.

Happy to help.

If you have any letters that you have sent the tenant or any person representing the tenant concerning the condition of the property or their failure to observe the terms of the tenancy agreement, add those too to the list.

Leave a comment:

replied
    [QUOTE=TenantsLuvMe;88694]

I think the above are excellent documents plus the signed tenancy agreement with pertinent highlights.

Good luck.
    I have never had such a terrible tenant, etc., but I hope its your last experience like this.
    Thanks TenantsLuvMe for your quick reply. You have just made me feel that much better & that less nervous.

This is why i come on this forum because of people like you & the others that have replied giving the help & advice that is vital & useful.

Leave a comment:

• TenantsLuvMe
    replied
    [QUOTE=New Landlord New Landlord;88691]
    Originally posted by Paul_f View Post
    The letter concerning the amount of your claim would be the breakdown of the cost of the damage that needs rectification presumably.

I have redecorated the flat & replaced missing items. Will the documents below be sufficient enough?

1:My statement of events from the beginning of the term to the end of the term.
    2:Check in report.
    3:Inventory.
    4:Photos of points 2 & 3.
    5:Mid-term inspection report.
    6:Photos of point 5.
    7:Check out report.
    8:Photos of point 7.
    9:Letters sent to the T(the company) with signed proof of delivery.
    10:Invoices of works carried out & for items replaced.

Would it be an idea to send a copy of the AST highlighting the section;THE TENANT AGREES WITH THE LANDLORD?

P.S: Thanks to whoever reworded my title in the thread & also thanks to all that have replied. I now am feeling a little less nervous as i have started to put all my facts together.
    I think the above are excellent documents plus the signed tenancy agreement with pertinent highlights.

Good luck.
    I have never had such a terrible tenant, etc., but I hope its your last experience like this.

Leave a comment:

replied
    [QUOTE=Paul_f;88656]The letter concerning the amount of your claim would be the breakdown of the cost of the damage that needs rectification presumably.

I have redecorated the flat & replaced missing items. Will the documents below be sufficient enough?

1:My statement of events from the beginning of the term to the end of the term.
    2:Check in report.
    3:Inventory.
    4:Photos of points 2 & 3.
    5:Mid-term inspection report.
    6:Photos of point 5.
    7:Check out report.
    8:Photos of point 7.
    9:Letters sent to the T(the company) with signed proof of delivery.
    10:Invoices of works carried out & for items replaced.

Would it be an idea to send a copy of the AST highlighting the section;THE TENANT AGREES WITH THE LANDLORD?

P.S: Thanks to whoever reworded my title in the thread & also thanks to all that have replied. I now am feeling a little less nervous as i have started to put all my facts together.

Leave a comment:

• PaulF
    replied
    The letter concerning the amount of your claim would be the breakdown of the cost of the damage that needs rectification presumably.

Yes, you need to write a witness statement and to submit it to the court and the other parties. It's your version of events. You shoudn't be nervous about attending a court; the judge will direct you and you should just tell it as it is.

All info regarding court claims can be found at www.courtservice.gov.uk

Leave a comment:

replied
    Hi Everyone once again,

Please, please, please advise as i am really nervous about this court hearing & i am trying to get all my documents together & i need to know more info on my last post above.

Many, many Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Hi Everyone,

I'm getting back on this as i have received an hearing date & i need further advise please as i have never been to court before i am very nervous & don't know what to expect.

As written on the hearing letter are the two things that I'm not sure on:

1)The documents & information sent to the court & each party should,where available, include:
    a)the letter making the claim & any reply
    What letter are they referring to?

2)The documents to be sent to the parties & the court must include the statements of all witnesses(including the parties themselves).
    Does this meant i now need to write a statement & if so why?

Thanks for any advise you can give.

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X