Error on submitted PCOL - court hearing tomorrow - sick with worry!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error on submitted PCOL - court hearing tomorrow - sick with worry!

Hi! I hope someone may be able to advise what I should do...I submitted a PCOL in November and have the court date tomorrow. It's the first I've ever been to, so was pretty nervous but now am doubly worried because I have just noticed there's a huge error on my claim. The date of the notice served is incorrect, and incorrect by over 12 months! Should I submit something in the "general correspondence" on the PCOL to say that this is an error and give the correct date? Will this claim be automatically be void now? Any advice much appreciated, I am sick with worry.

Is the date on the notice itself invalid or on the possession claim?
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

The actual notice date is valid, but the date on the claim is incorrect. The date on the PCOL is July 2018, but I served the notice in October 2019. It's an admin error on my part, and I am so worried I've voided the claim by having the incorrect date on there.

Comment

It will entirely depend on how picky the judge is.
        They're so busy that they may simply throw out the claim on the technicality.
        Or they may simply accept it's an admin error and allow the case to proceed.

I'd be tempted to raise it before anyone else does, but that's a personal thing.

But there's nothing that you can do about it now, and you may as well treat tomorrow as an experience gaining exercise at least.
        If you do have to do it again, at least you'll be less stressed about it.
        When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Thanks...I will raise it now and cross fingers I have a genial judge!

Comment

Please tell us how it goes. Feedback from such cases is very helpful to other landlords

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X