Section 21 and Selling a Property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section 21 and Selling a Property

The abolition of Section 21 has prompted much debate around contentious issues eg. rent arrears and anti-social behaviour. What if you just want or need to sell a property? A nice letter to the tenants, perhaps? Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I was under the impression that that was one of the new permitted grounds.

Comment

There is no point speculating until there are formal proposals.

Then you need to contact your MP, and possibly Lords.

Comment

AFAIK S21 has not yet been abolished, only proposed.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Boiler repair - tenant checked into hotel
          by tatemono
          I think you've done all you can in the situation including what many would not in offering your own facilities. I think, given the T's circumstances she would have been in her right to argue for some reduction in rent due to the inconvenience of not having all that she paid for. Perhaps you could negotiate...
          01-10-2020, 07:51 AM
        • Boiler repair - tenant checked into hotel
          by tedcbe
          Hi I have a tenant who has checked into a hotel due to the fact that the boiler broke down and says she will reduce the amount in the next month’s rent.
          I have never agreed for her to check into a hotel in the first place.
          She reported there is an issue with the heating on Sunday night...
          30-09-2020, 22:30 PM
        • Reply to Tenant moves his girlfriend in
          by tatemono
          That's the only thing we've ever done when partners move in... based on advice on these forums I should add!...
          01-10-2020, 07:46 AM
        • Tenant moves his girlfriend in
          by Hollywood
          Hi all, I've searched for similar thread but didn't succeed.
          My Tenant of 14 months, now on a SPT, has moved his girlfriend in. I'm ok with arrangement, it was mentioned by him when he first moved in but they split and nothing happened until now. He has been a good tenant so far & kindly...
          30-09-2020, 14:12 PM
        • Reply to Deposit Protection Rules?
          by jase222
          There was a case in Bristol similar where the judge rule that the landlord was right to give the original tenant the pi only and didn't need to for a later tenant but I know there was other info about the case, worth no win no fee tho
          01-10-2020, 07:12 AM
        • Deposit Protection Rules?
          by Nips
          Hi all ex tenant here, hoping someone can help as I can't find a lot of concrete advice online. Basically, I ended a very stressful tenancy in Aug 2019. There was a lot of back and forth, unclear info, and formal complaints, plus at the end of the tenancy they scalped us with deposit deductions. Just...
          30-09-2020, 17:43 PM
          by MW1985
          It is worth seeking with a no win no fee firm in this scenario. I would offer my opinion to say that the LA were remiss in not providing you with the deposit information. How were you to know the details contained within the Prescribed Info?
          It sounds as if some short cuts were taken by the...
          01-10-2020, 06:05 AM
        • Reply to Rent arrears recovery from mentally disabled ex-tenant
          by nukecad
          LOL, do you not read the news (or do you skip over anything disability/benefit related)?.

"Everyones a scrounger" is endemic in the benefits system, from government ministers to jobcentre staff.

Here's a particular telling case from last year. - If the DWP employee...
          01-10-2020, 05:14 AM
        • Rent arrears recovery from mentally disabled ex-tenant
          by OstridB
          Does anyone have experience of recovering rent arrears from my former ex-tenant? Tenant left owing £14,000 with £2,000 of damage. Hasn't been to Court. Tenant abandoned property.
          Tenant's representative says Tenant is receiving DWP social security benefits - sent me a rude email saying he...
          29-09-2020, 12:18 PM
          by gnvqsos
          Very unusual case.
          01-10-2020, 04:54 AM
        Working...
        X