Tenant rescinding notice, but not paid rent in full.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The snag I see is that if a notice is invalid and the parties agree the tenancy should end what you effectively have is an agreement to surrender which is only valid if it complies with the Law of Property (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1989. Once the tenant has left and the landlord has taken back control there will have been a suurender by operation of law, but up to then the position has to be doubtful.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Tennant- issues with rent payment
      by doobrey
      Section 21?
      25-07-2021, 13:34 PM
    • Tennant- issues with rent payment
      by Kate foster
      Hello all, I am having issues with my new tenant for past 4 months where upon requesting a standing order to be set up, he refuses to do that. he wants to pay either by cash, sometimes bank transfer and sometimes spilt payment over a few days in cash and bank transfer. It is causing me distress as there...
      25-07-2021, 13:18 PM
    • Reply to EV Vehicle Charging - Leasehold Flats
      by ram
      I would be inclined to say that if a Leaseholder requires a Car charging station, the leaseholder pays the full cost of that instalation, and not have all leaseholders paying serice charges for instalations that don't benefit them.
      Yes, a station, as trailing an extention lead out of a window
      25-07-2021, 12:04 PM
    • EV Vehicle Charging - Leasehold Flats
      by Hudson01
      I have 2 flats in a block of 12, the car park is attached to the grounds the flats are on, i have been thinking about the future of car ownership and have come to the conclusion that the flats may be less desirable to rent after 2030 given they have zero charging points (obviously) but more importantly...
      24-07-2021, 17:42 PM
    • Reply to Imminent eviction
      by Perce
      Thank you Slackjawedyokel.

I was amazed how many people from the block where my tenant lived came to support me on the day the eviction took place. They all knew what was going on and they were all tenants themselves. He did not cause them any problem.

I told my tenant...
      25-07-2021, 11:14 AM
    • Imminent eviction
      by Perce
      Hello All

Update : My tenant has no plans to move out before bailiffs arrive which is imminent. I have no clue what the bailiffs will do. He will start complaining that he has nowhere to go although he lives somewhere else just keeps his stuff in the property for free, he might say...
      21-07-2021, 19:10 PM
    • Reply to Lodger on uc
      by doobrey
      Give her notice. As an excluded occupier she has got limited rights. It is not like evicting a tenant. Having not paid rent, I'm not sure if she has any right to occupy(?) I did look into this once but never found a very conclusive answer.

If you get into real problems you can change the...
      25-07-2021, 10:42 AM
    • Lodger on uc
      by rmermaid1965
      Hi I took in my friend who I've known 27 years. Her boyfriend kicked her out in the street during lockdown. I took her in and helped her claim uc so she can get some sort of income aswell as paying me rent im on benefits.shes been here 7 months but every month she kept making excuses and...
      25-07-2021, 10:15 AM
    • Reply to Does a GCRO made by a Designated Civil Judge concern only one county court?
      by Obiter
      There is only one County Court in England and Wales. The County Court identified in a GCRO will be that County Court. There used to be many County Courts, but they have been merged into one. The wording of the Practice Direction is merely a relic of the previous arrangement....
      25-07-2021, 10:32 AM
    • Does a GCRO made by a Designated Civil Judge concern only one county court?
      by progress
      Practice Direction 4.2 (1) concerning General Civil Restraint Order says

“4.2 Unless the court otherwise orders, where the court makes a general civil restraint order, the party against whom the order is made –
      (1) will be restrained from issuing any claim or making any application...
      24-07-2021, 11:21 AM
    Working...
    X