Tenants parents staying for several month?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tenants parents staying for several month?

I rent my 3 bed flat out to a couple with 2 young children. The couple have told me their Mexican parents visit them regularly to see the grandchildren. I have no problem with them visiting but I found out today from the neighbour that the grandparents have stayed for over 3 month now. Should I be concerned of anything? Do I need to worry about complying with HMO license, insurance, checking their visa...etc?

If they are all related, then it is not a HMO.

Comment

But I may suggest an increase in rent now to cover the presumed increase in FW&T caused by additional adults.

Comment

I don't know the answer but I would make enquiries. Do they have a holiday visa for longer than 3 months or are they now illegal immigrants? And there's the right to rent checks. I don't know how long you have before they're not considered visitors and you should have checked them.

Comment

The OP hasn't given them permission to live there, the tenants have.
          It's probably best that the landlord doesn't know they're there.
          When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
          Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by mariner View Post
            But I may suggest an increase in rent now to cover the presumed increase in FW&T caused by additional adults.
            Why?
            It sounds like it is a 3-bed property with 3 bedrooms being used.

Comment

Originally posted by royw View Post
              I don't know how long you have before they're not considered visitors and you should have checked them.
              They are not LL's tenants.
              If R2R checks are required, then it is the responsibility of the LL's tenants, not the LL.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X