Section 8 Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Section 8 Notice

Could somebody please just confirm to me that the expiry of a Section 8 (usual rent arrears grounds) is two weeks? Is there ever a case where it must be a 6-8 week notice?

Many thanks.

Two weeks after your section 8 notice is served on your tenant you can send the N5 notice with associated documention and £150 fee to the court.

P.P.
    Any information given in this post is based on my personal experience as a landlord, what I have learned from this and other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person.

Comment

Thank you PP for that.

Comment

Originally posted by DianeB View Post
        Could somebody please just confirm to me that the expiry of a Section 8 (usual rent arrears grounds) is two weeks? Is there ever a case where it must be a 6-8 week notice?

Many thanks.
        Notice period is:
        a. NIL if g14 (with or without any others) [s.8(4)];
        b. two months if g1/2/5-7/9/16 (with or without any others- unless g14 used too) but no earlier- if it's periodic tenancy- than it could have been ended by a Notice to Quit; [s.8(4A)] or
        c. two weeks in any other situation [s.8[4B)].
        JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
        4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X