Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iva

Hi All,

Have a small one bed flat which has had a short void period. Potential tenant has disclosed to LA prior to reference/credit checks that she is subject to an IVA. I don’t have specifics of debt amount/payment periods or number of creditors yet. T parents are willing to stand as guarantors? Anyone got any views? I have rent guarantee in place, i need to check if they would even cover. Whats the position if T defaults on rent legally with an IVA on place? What about if parents say we are not paying, having signed as guarantors the TA?

thanks in advance

Under most circumstances (e.g. after 6 months) the parents won't have to pay anyway as guarantors. So the question is academic. I would not accept them as tenants with parents as guarantors **under the current legislative regime**.

What you could do is make the parents co tenants (if they have a house fully paid off and plenty of assets).

Comment

Your rent guarantee insurer won't accept a tenant with an IVA in place (I'd be amazed if they'd even consider it).
      Don't let to someone who has an IVA.
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X