Let a house to local council

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost all the above replies re letting to council are negative but the one positive reason for letting to council is that after 3 year or 5 year contract with council expires you do get the property back with vacant possession which is unlikely with a private letting and the soon to be outlawed section 21 thus allowing tenants to stay infinitum with rent controls and hand down tenancy to next generation. .

Comment

You have to consider how the council is going to recover possession in order to return the property vacant.
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

The Council has no more powers to evict a reluctant tenant than you do, so if their tenant doesnt want to leave, you won't get it back any quicker than if you let it yourself, and if you try to evict the Council as your tenant, then their tenant will just become your tenant.

Comment

Originally posted by DPT57 View Post
          ...and if you try to evict the Council as your tenant, then their tenant will just become your tenant.
          Something that I am sure is well highlighted in the council's literature!
          When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
          Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X