Help needed advice about landlord

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Help needed advice about landlord

    Hopefully I am allowed to post here approx 14 days ago I placed a holding deposit of £100 on a property for my family last Friday I had deposit and ones month's rent paid £3000 and have been waiting for a move in date today he agrees for tomorrow then later on gets told I need garantoor and also credit score print outs etc where do I stand legally on this.

    We had agreed terms until his unknown silent buisness partner has requested everything my children's school applications have been changed along with moving costs have I got a legal case here or not as was agreed to move in tomo and now has sprung all this

    #2
    Have you got anything that indicates that the landlord/agent (whoever you've been talking to) agreed that you could have the property - presumably somewhere between paying the holding deposit and paying the first month's rent and deposit?
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

    Comment


      #3
      I'm not sure why they need a print out of your credit score, seems like they haven't conducted a credit check on yourself, as otherwise they would have this information, also if they had they would then seen your score being low and requiring an guarantor. I would go back and find out why they need this. As seems like a contradiction to request a guarantor and your credit score.

      Legally the only thing you may be entitled to is your money back, and no house. I personally would contact them and say I had booked removals, etc and have no place to stay now.

      Comment


        #4
        I have txt messages WhatsApp messages and 2 emails I have submitted a claim via the small claims court for breach of contract however due to the fact I've put £2800 against him then people on other forums are saying that I will lose the case as havent broken things down but I've since lost another house and now am at a loss sitting here trying to desperately find another property as meant to move out at the end of November

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Scripter View Post
          trying to desperately find another property as meant to move out at the end of November
          Talk to your current LL about the situation.

          Did you give notice or your LL?

          Comment

          Latest Activity

          Collapse

          Working...
          X