Single Mother and a 4y old renting a 3/4 bed house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DPT57- will do so about the clause.
    We have asked already and she said that the garage is to be used as office.
    If she earns 80k+ I wouldn’t worry too much but she earns 57k and seems a stretch to rent the property. If I’m in her position, I’d rent a 2bed flat , mind you the price difference could be 3-4 hundred pounds. We rented a small 2bed flat with our little one (3 of us) before we bought this house. It just doesn’t add up.

Comment

Is she planning to trade from the property or store products or receive clients there? If so then there could be a breach of your insurance/mortgage conditions/local planning regulations.

Comment

Not that I can see, she works in Finance and has been with that company for the last 3+ yrs

Comment

Back when I was renting I rented a 4 bed house when it was just me and my wife. 1 regular bedroom, 1 guest room, 1 used as a craft room and 1 used as a home office. I also worked in finance as it turns out.

I don't think it is as suspicious as people want to make out.

It's also likely that she has child support payments coming in making the property even more affordable.

Comment

It turns out that she is moving out of her parents house and hasn’t rented before so cannot provide any reference. This is very close towards being rejected but the agent already received the holding deposit.

Comment

Would it help you to ask for the first 6 months or years rent upfront?

Comment

I rent out a number of my two bedroom flats in central London to single occupants. They want / need the space. I'm delighted because IME they stay longer than sharers. And (mostly) cause less wear and tear.

I am confident from inspections that none of them are subletting. And I check Airbnb from time to time too.

It does not stop me from getting pretty punchy rents for the area, either.
                Assume I know nothing.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X