Can a landlord use a break lease to remove a tenant but keep the others on new lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Others may have a different view, but I dont think it's in your interest to give your flatmate a lodger agreement. They have minimal rights as an undocumented licensee and you would almost certainly be giving them more rights than they are otherwise entitled to.

Comment

Hi thanks for your replies so what would you suggest to protect myself and my right to remain in the home that would make it easiest for me to move flatmates that dont fit with me on next time? It seems to me in England is geared to make it if im not happy i have to move on even though the house has been mine for longest and landlord would rather me there...it seems terribly unjust to both the landlord and good tenants that value their home

Comment

Taking lodgers into your home is always a risk, whether you're a tenant or an owner occupier. If you want to avoid the risk completely then I think your only options are to increase your accommodation budget so that you can rent it alone or move to somewhere more affordable.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X