Viewing - Should I be concerned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viewing - Should I be concerned?

I had a property viewing. The agency told me the prospective tenant is a woman. No one came. Agency was unable to contact the woman. I was about to leave, when about half an hour later, a man rang the door bell.

He was a heavily built Bulgarian man. He was well dressed and wearing a gentleman's coat and pocket handkerchief. A bit too well dressed for the local area. He took a few photos on his phone, he said to show to family members, but he said the property might not be be for him.

When I drove off, he was around by the corner, he was chatting to a driver through the car window. I became worried. Was this prospective tenant scouting the property for someone else?. The man who saw the property, did n't get in the car. I was not able to hang around, for too long, as had cars behind me.... So never got the registration plate.

May be it is all innocent or may be I am getting worried about nothing?

Should I be worried about squatting? Property is vacant. There is nothing of value in the property other then the boiler.

​​

Sounds dodgy, tell your agent not to proceed.

As for squatters breaking in, squatting in residential property is now a criminal offence.

But I suspect this is more of an 'arranger' who would rent the place and then put 10+ foriegn nationals in there.

Comment

Not sure why you showed him around when you were expected a single female as the renter. There was a recent news story of a landlord who was beaten up by a prospective tenant in the flat for no apparent reason. There could have been a number of alarm bells for me..... subletting, hmo, property scam and cannabis farm are typical reasons to scout out the property. Safety should be your number one concern.

Comment

Agree with ash72 i would not have allowed HIM in when i was expecting a female, i too would forget about squatting and be concerned about other criminal activities should it be let to them...... i would also be speaking with the agent to check their vetting procedures.

Comment

Anyway if there is a broadband connection it would be worth setting up a £50 webcam in unoccupied properties.

Comment

Is this a dodgy agent?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X