Hceo advice, offer of cash payments rejected?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hceo advice, offer of cash payments rejected?

Hi Guys

Hoping someone who is something of an hceo expert could help.

I have a joint ccj against 2 very canny defendants., ex tenant and guarantor.

Hceo managed to get into one the defendants homes, but concluded there was not enough assets to cover the debt. I asked did they fill in a controlled goods agreement at all but they say no due to the aforementioned lack of assets. The defendant did however offer to pay instalments but the hceo have not persued this whatsoever. I am surprised at this and do not understand why.

Can anyone explain why the hceo seems uninterested in this (I have asked but they ignore my question) and advise if there is anything I can do given the defendant offered payment. I mean even if it is in instalments at £10 a month......somethings better than nothing right?

Many thanks for any help!

I would assume the amount would have negated any thing, plus if and when they then stop paying you would then need to go back to court and pay further.

I am in the same situation, but I just have the CCJ registered, I plan on waiting a couple of years then try and pursue if the T's situation changes, better chance of getting something. Otherwise just write it off. My claim is over 5.5k

Comment

As above, small instalments simply means that the canny ones stop paying after the first payment knowing that it will cost more to go back to court than its worth.

Comment

Pursue the G.

Comment

Does G not own their home?

Comment

Get a charging order on their house (if they have one)...
            Unshackled by the chains of idle vanity, A modest manatee, that's me

Comment

Thank you all for your kind replies, for the clarification and sorry for my delay in responding.

ash72 - yes my debt is the same level as yours. I have been watching them for over a year, so far, and like you, will continue to do so to see if their circumstances change.

Guarantors house is in his girlfriends name, cars are not registered to him either. He has no means to his name, that I can see, but still manages his holidays in Marbella and Dubai!

The only other avenue I think I can pursue at the moment is I know who the ex tenant works for.....so maybe get an attachment of earnings.

Thanks once again for all your help!

Comment

I once did the paperwork for an attachment of earnings. The debtor was mortified that their employer would find out about the debt and paid it in full the next day....
                Unshackled by the chains of idle vanity, A modest manatee, that's me

Comment

Originally posted by nessa View Post
                  Guarantors house is in his girlfriends name, cars are not registered to him either. He has no means to his name, that I can see, but still manages his holidays in Marbella and Dubai!
                  How was he ever accepted as a Guarantor?

Comment

Thanks for your reply islandgirl, that’s encouraging to hear!

DPT57 - my thoughts exactly, it was done via a god awful negligent letting agent, who I no longer use, who assured me all was fine, and the necessary checks all done and in place.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                    X