Letting to retired tenant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have to check but Age UK are the ones that had a friend of mine's mother as a tenant. She had been there for about 10 years now (though apparently it was Help the Aged when she first moved in). I don't believe the property is being rented and then subletted by Age UK, but I could be wrong. Certainly they have added facilities to the property to help the elderly residents there such as a stairlift to the upper flats.

Comment

My husband was retired for 9.5 years before he got his State Pension. Many people these days retire early and live on private/occupational pensions. You could ask to see his Pension Statements (payslips).

Comment

Many people are advised to use pension draw down, or use up less tax efficient savings, so not having annuity income doesn't mean they don't have access to money. On the other hand, most people with big enough pots for that might be advised to become owner occupiers.

Comment

I'm retired but not yet claiming any kind of pension, just check out his finances to see how he lives. Take the cash up front!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X