Tenant Given Notice Money Owed Taking To Small Claims Court

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tenant Given Notice Money Owed Taking To Small Claims Court

I had to issue notice to one of my Tenants in a shared house that I own and rent out. The Tenant left at the end of the legal notice period, but left owing me rent and also left the property with damages, unclean etc... I intend to take my ex-Tenant to the Small Claims Court, but I do not have a forwarding address, just his parents address which was detailed on the Tenancy Agreement as the contact address at the end of Tenancy, it was also the address on the Deposit Protection Notice for end of Tenancy contact.

I have confirmed that the address is his parents real address as his Dad runs a business from the address and has a website. Can / should I use his parents address for the court documents?

Thanks

There is only one tenant in a shared house arrangement! You can only issue to notice to all the people that constitute that tenant.

Do you really mean a room only HMO?

Comment

If the tenancy agreement has an address to be used as a contact address after the tenancy, that's the address to use.
      It doesn't matter whose address it actually is.
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X