Upad - gone bust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder why he didn't sell UPAD along with the other businesses?

Comment

Originally posted by DPT57 View Post
      I wonder why he didn't sell UPAD along with the other businesses?
      Have you looked at the balance sheet?

Comment

Ok, so it's not just about wanting a quieter life then

Comment

Originally posted by security2 View Post
          What is surprising is that he is just closing down the business. Surely the business has some value, the knowledgeable staff, the tech, the database of contacts. That must have been worth something to someone..
          Do I recall about 6-8 years ago James instigated his own property inspection and registration scheme....was it done through UNIPOL ? I remember having an email discussion about me being registered with the Local Authority and member of the NLA (which requires a certain level of CPD) not being sufficient for his plans. And yes I did have two properties inspected and they passed.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR View Post
            ...was it done through UNIPOL ?
            I am probably thinking of the Accommodation for Students site

Comment

Originally posted by security2 View Post
              If you used a personal credit card and you run your property management yourself, then I don't see why you're not covered by section 75. If you used a company credit card and you have a company structure to manage your property, then probably not.

It won't hurt to raise a claim anyway, they can only say no.

UPDATE: Thought I'd come back and let folk know my claim was accepted and I got a full refund for the services I didn't receive from Upad!
              Yay!

Comment

Good to hear.
                I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by GreySquirrel View Post

UPDATE: Thought I'd come back and let folk know my claim was accepted and I got a full refund for the services I didn't receive from Upad!
                  Yay!
                  Good news!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                  X