Tenancy in effect immediately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tenancy in effect immediately?

If a new tenant moves in but immediately and repetitively breaks house rules knowingly .. can it be revoked with first amount of time? Or is a tenancy Rock solid and I can’t get her out without court from handing keys over to her room in semi detached house?

ive been renting a house by the room to three adults for 12 years- not many problems..
    but the last one ? ...omg -
    Like is the first 28 days trial period or something, ? God I hope there’s something she’s been in two weeks now and a nightmare. Police called 5/6 times- ABH charge and assault charge on two of my long standing other tenants on usually a harmonious household . I’m
    currently trying to get police bail conditions placed not to return but doesn’t look good and she’s chirping round the house and told me that if I want her out after two weeks I’ll have to take her to court.
    I am literally crying I’m so angry and scared and never had to do this ever.
    Im such a nice landlady and jump to my tenants tune- and needs
    I have long standing ones in other rooms .. but she is the devil! She’s 38 too! Not a kid. Seems like she knows the system
    an ex council tenant on benefits no deposit no up front only two weeks paid by council . Trying to keep this brief.
    Do I have to go down the normal route dyer she doesn’t leave in two weeks Iv told her with section 8?
    Or is there any get out clause trial period I can tied her out on ? Legally .. I’m not one for breaking the law I’m married to a cop🤣
    and no- he can’t help

I believe once tenant has a conviction for an offence in the property (or accepts a caution for it) you have grounds for eviction with 2 weeks notice. Maybe hubby can help with that?

This is another good reason to have one tenant, and the others as his lodgers. Anyone misbehaves, and tenant can kick them out almost immediately.
    To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

Thanks .

Ive already issues letter section 8 and outlined grounds 12 and 14 on it.
      I gave two weeks on it

She’s sending me texts saying if I want her out I gotta take her to court.

Police dont really get involved they batt it off as civil matter so they don’t have to deal.

So so there’s no trial period .. literally as soon as someone’s given keys they can stay put til court gets them out and do as they like? Including assaulting other tenants and causing staples to be put in their scalp?
      (She’s released pending further investigation Cos it was only one word against the other til victim got the other witness statements in.
      So im hoping now charge and bail
      cindiruins not to return to address xx

Comment

I believe you need to use the correct form: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/assured-...y-forms#form-3

(Not write a letter.)
        To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Dogs
          by royw
          What does your AST say about it?
          05-12-2021, 23:20 PM
        • Dogs
          by Bridge2020
          My tenant has asked if he can get a dog. Where do I stand on this ?...
          05-12-2021, 11:23 AM
        • Advice on s.8 & s.21
          by Hetty911
          Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Would be grateful for advice on the below.

Have a tenant on a AST which expired in July and has rolled onto a periodic tenancy. Over past 6 months rent has been delayed, partial and on two occasions unpaid. 2 months rent is missing...
          05-12-2021, 22:01 PM
        • Reply to Accelerated possession order
          by Hudson01
          Unless the tenant has dependent children, some, or all with a disability, and some other form of vulnerability for her/him self..... they will be in a crummy emergency accommodation flea pit or a dumpy flat in a place resembling the film set of '' Escape from New York ''. They are deluded.
          05-12-2021, 20:36 PM
        • Accelerated possession order
          by Pariah81
          A tenant has refused to leave the property at the end of her tenancy and has now asked to be evicted as in her words 'that will make her eligible for a council house'.

I am sending an accelerated possession order through the courts but whilst completed the forms noticed two apparent errors...
          05-12-2021, 18:12 PM
          by theartfullodger
          Thatcher's 1988 housing act makes it clear tenant does not have to leave at end of fixed term

Why help tenant take a council property from a more deserving case? I'd decline to serve s21. S8 if possible... (was she ever late with rent?)
          05-12-2021, 19:17 PM
          by Pariah81
          Ok so it looks like the section 21 notice is invalid as a result of this error. The deposit scheme was not in place at the time of the notice.

Apparently the deposit has to be returned in full....
          05-12-2021, 18:35 PM
        • Reply to Dogs
          by ash72
          The good thing is they have asked you prior to getting one, so the decision is yours. If you do decide then I would suggest you increase rent to compensate for your loss in the future.
          05-12-2021, 17:21 PM
        • Reply to Dogs
          by jpkeates
          I wouldn't, but it does depend on what type of dog.
          You should assume your carpets will all need replacing.
          05-12-2021, 16:21 PM
        • Reply to STA, Section 8 and Court delays/Christmas
          by jpkeates
          Assuming it's an AST (STA's are Scottish)...
          You don't have to renew the tenancy, just let it become periodic.
          And, you're right, don't renew it.

To repossess, you'll either have to attend court or pay a solicitor to do so on your behalf.

If the tenant doesn't owe...
          05-12-2021, 16:13 PM
        Working...
        X