Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link to statutory declaration DPS

Hi,

Would appreciate if anyone has the link to the Statutory Declaration for DPS they could share please. An unresponsive past tenant left owing rent and having damaged various items. I can’t find the form on the DPS website The DPS have not responded to a message I sent them over 5 days ago and I gave up calling after twice being on hold over 20mins.
    Also any recommendations please regarding other schemes given the DPS have very poor customer service. Thanks

IIRC, you log on to 'manage tenancy', if the tenant hasn't responded to the repayment request within the set time, a link is provided for you to print off the statutory declaration or request one to be posted to you.
    You can also try phoning them to request the declaration (good luck with that!).

Comment

https://www.depositprotection.com/me...todial_web.pdf

Explains the above process (frustratingly with no link to the form).

Comment

What #2 says.
        I have never had the option to print one.

Re #3, it is almost impossible to find things on their web site (an exercise for the reader: find their custodial Ts&Cs)

Comment

Thanks, should hopefully be able to see the relevant link within the next day or so.

Comment

Originally posted by MdeB View Post
            Re #3, it is almost impossible to find things on their web site (an exercise for the reader: find their custodial Ts&Cs)
            Not made any better when they redesigned their website and broke literally every link on the site! (I can easily find it.... on my computer )
            I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

(an exercise for the reader: find their custodial Ts&Cs)
              https://www.depositprotection.com/cu...nd-conditions/

(Only cos I've just done one!)

I find the whole set up farcical but I know my way round the system and I'm too lazy to change.

Comment

What #2 says.
                I have never had the option to print one.
                However, I note that their "guide" says that it can be completed on-line.

Comment

However, I note that their "guide" says that it can be completed on-line.
                  I saw that, but can't see how it could be done online - part of the form is a confirmation of identity by someone legally qualified to do so, which can't be done online.

From recollection, there was an online option to request the form which was then posted to me.
                  I don't recall ever phoning the DPS about anything.
                  When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
                  Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
                    I saw that, but can't see how it could be done online
                    I can see that it could be completed on-line and then printed for actually making the declaration.

That would avoid poor handwriting (like mine) and transcription errors (by using copy and paste from exiting documents).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                    X