Landlord serves section 21 notice.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landlord serves section 21 notice.

Landlord has served section 21 notice I have no issue with moving out (I cannot wait infact)

I've secured another property.

Do I still have to give my landlord a months notice to leave? (Obviously I can leave whenever I like - but do I have to give a months notice and make a payment for the rent for the month?)

Originally posted by TerryCarter View Post
    Landlord has served section 21 notice I have no issue with moving out (I cannot wait infact)

I've secured another property.

Do I still have to give my landlord a months notice to leave? (Obviously I can leave whenever I like - but do I have to give a months notice and make a payment for the rent for the month?)
    You have to pay rent:
    a. at least for as long as you reside there; and
    b. probably to end of fixed term (if it's still running) unless:
    i. L expressly agrees in writing to accept your early surrender; or
    ii. L re-lets before end of fixed term; that re-letting impliedly constitutes L's acceptance of an early surrender, thereby ending your liability.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
      You have to pay rent:
      a. at least for as long as you reside there; and
      b. probably to end of fixed term (if it's still running) unless:
      i. L expressly agrees in writing to accept your early surrender; or
      ii. L re-lets before end of fixed term; that re-letting impliedly constitutes L's acceptance of an early surrender, thereby ending your liability.
      Fantastic thanks Jeffrey

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X