Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jpkeates
    replied
    If someone tries to defend their eviction on the basis that the property may be unfit to let, we have crossed some kind of line.

Leave a comment:

• KTC
    replied
    It's not clear whether minimal EPC rating mean a current EPC is required throughout a tenancy.

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    There's no need for a current EPC until the start of a new tenancy.
    If the ten years expires, provided you can show you gave it to the tenant before the start of the tenancy, there's no need to get a new one until then.

Leave a comment:

• mariner
    replied
    EPC remaims valid for 10 yrs and must remain current during any Tenancy.

Leave a comment:

• Propertygoesup
    replied
    Would a local solicitor or landlord action be the better choice? I used a local solicitor successfully for lease extension and they offer eviction services also.
    wasted a week with false promises to pay from tenant.
    Getting sick of this now.

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    Originally posted by Propertygoesup View Post
    I think I'm gonna use landlord action as I dont want to make any mistakes and the process seems complicated
    There's an assumption in that statement....

Leave a comment:

• Propertygoesup
    replied
    I think I'm gonna use landlord action as I dont want to make any mistakes and the process seems complicated

Leave a comment:

• DPT57
    replied
    Clearly it's the SPT since the original fixed term has expired. The tenancy conditions will be the same except for term, which will be monthly if that was the original period and notice requirements which you've been given already.

Leave a comment:

• Propertygoesup
    replied
    I still don't get it. Is the current tenancy the AST which was for 12 months from 07/15 or is the current tenant a SPT which began automatically in 07/16? Surely the answer to this will effect the eviction requirements?

Leave a comment:

• MdeB
    replied
    Originally posted by mystic08 View Post
    Re not needing an EPC I believe there's legislation since October 2018 which says every tenanted property is requires to have one.
    But does not having one stop a S21 notice from being served?

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    Originally posted by mariner View Post
    Us lesser mortals can quote/.rely on the Interpretation Act for 'presumed delivery'.if procedures are followed.
    In rural areas, adjacent post offices can be several miles apart, not nec accesible via regular public transport.
    If tenants hadn't successfully defended s21's by saying they didn't receive anything, landlordzone standard advice would not be to issue two of them.

Leave a comment:

• mystic08
    replied
    Re not needing an EPC I believe there's legislation since October 2018 which says every tenanted property is requires to have one.

Leave a comment:

• mariner
    replied
    Us lesser mortals can quote/.rely on the Interpretation Act for 'presumed delivery'.if procedures are followed.
    In rural areas, adjacent post offices can be several miles apart, not nec accesible via regular public transport.

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    Originally posted by Propertygoesup View Post
    So that newer flowchart asks if the CURRENT tenancy started before October 2015. Is the current tenancy the original AST or did it become a SPT after the AST expired after 12 months? I'm confused about this
    I think you'd better contact landlord action after all. You're obviously not up to this.

Leave a comment:

• Propertygoesup
    replied
    So that newer flowchart asks if the CURRENT tenancy started before October 2015. Is the current tenancy the original AST or did it become a SPT after the AST expired after 12 months? I'm confused about this

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X