Recommended tenant tracing service?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Recommended tenant tracing service?

    Hello everybody.

    My tenant didn't pay rent for several months, didn't respond to communication, and then did a runner.

    I have regained possession of the property and obtained a money order for the amount owing.

    Now I need to track the tenant down.

    Does anybody have any experience with tracing missing tenants? If so, are there any particular companies anybody would recommend who do a good job for a relatively good price?

    There's a part of this site called directory (up there^) and there are usually some tenant tracing services.
    The rules of the forum don't allow us to recommend or criticise.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).


      Social Media?


        Depending on how long the T has left and if they have register with a council, it's unlikely a tracing company would be able to find the person, my advice would be to wait at least 6 - 12 months then instruct a tracing agent for a more successful outcome. If you have their employer details you could put a money order against their wages. Alternatively, you could hire a cheap tracing agent just to confirm they couldn't locate the person and then you are within your rights to address any documents to their last known address, ie your rental property.


        Latest Activity