Landlords postcode wrong on TA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Landlords postcode wrong on TA

I've had a message from my tenant and looks like they may want to claim for LHA as she is pregnant and married to a student. I've just looked at the tenancy agreement and noticed that I have accidently put the wrong postcode, the rest of my homer address is correct, I've used the rental properties post instead of my own, is this likely to cause issues I the future, ie should I need to issue a section 21 for example (not that I going do that). Also, it's a 3 beds (2.5 really) house, I assume they will not get LHA for a 3 beds as they could manage with less.

Well a landlord is allowed to move address, so this is a minor version of that. Serve them with a formal letter to say - L's address for service is XXXX - send in a formal letter with a certificate of postage, and by E-mail, and perhaps if you visit ask for signed and dated acknowledgement on a duplicate letter.

Whether you serve S21 is up to you. Unfortunately in the current environment I would evaluate my options carefully.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I did think of sending them a letter but didn't want to bring attention to it without knowing how serious it was, I did think it would be a minor error but never can be sure.

They want to "see" me this evening so I can only assume they want LHA, can't see how they can afford the rent without her income and him a sports studies student at a University which was a HE college a few years ago.

Comment

You should ask to see their bank statements to decide. They can obviously decline, i which case you can factor that into your thinking. Some students have £100K in the bank. At least a years worth of cash would be good. But then they wouldn't be applying for money from the taxpayer then would they.....

Strange that my daughter planned on saving some cash (and did save a lot) in anticipation of pregnancy (and to decide whether she could become pregnant). I guess your tenants decided that I would pay - because hell, they are more important than my kid who has scrimped and saved.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewDod View Post
          Strange that my daughter planned on saving some cash (and did save a lot) in anticipation of pregnancy (and to decide whether she could become pregnant). I guess your tenants decided that I would pay - because hell, they are more important than my kid who has scrimped and saved.
          You don't know what the tenant's going to say.
          Maybe they just want to paint a room pink.

When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
          Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

I really don't think putting a wrong postcode on is a serious offence. You haven't done it on purpose to deceive. Just write to them, as suggested above, or go round if you feel able to and amend their tenancy agreement (just one line through the mistake) and sign the alteration.

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
              You don't know what the tenant's going to say.
              Maybe they just want to paint a room pink.

True, but I did say just call me and they said it's a face to face discussion which normally cost me money or they are leaving, no problem with that.

The house has two new storage heaters downstairs, every other tenant has said is fine, they've even turn off one off. The upstairs storage heaters were removed as never used as just taking up space, these guys are always complaining about them and will probalalby want gas central heating because of the new baby...….. she called be last week and said too many spiders, don't want them biting the baby...….I give up!!!

Is it a requirement to have heaters in every room? Its only a small house and previous tenants have just left the bedroom doors open and the rooms were perfectly warm.

Comment

Can't you put the storage heaters back?

Comment

Originally posted by Glover1862 View Post
                  she called be last week and said too many spiders, don't want them biting the baby.
                  Then she should be acting in a tenant-like manner and cleaning the house.

Comment

Is it a requirement to have heaters in every room? Its only a small house and previous tenants have just left the bedroom doors open and the rooms were perfectly warm.
                    It is a requirement to have adequate functioning heating.

Personally I would not like to have to leave my bedroom door open to heat it.

However, storage heaters in a bedroom seem inappropriate. They are designed to provide heat during the day; precisely when the room is not being used.

I would consider a cheap, plug-in, wall-mounted electric convection heater; maybe also a timer so that T can get heat before getting out of bed.
                    Just make sure that
                    a) cable is in trunking, so not a hazard, and
                    b) PAT is required after a couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by Berlingogirl View Post
                      Can't you put the storage heaters back?
                      Not easily as they skipped about two years ago! Panel heaters would be the only option, storage heaters too expensive and probably not needed after this lot have gone, although they maybe here for a while as I don't think they have too many options.

Comment

Not easily as they skipped about two years ago! Panel heaters would be the only option, storage heaters too expensive and probably not needed after this lot have gone, although they maybe here for a while as I don't think they have too many options.
                        Ooops! if they skipped them then they can't complain (are they on the inventory?).

Comment

Glover1862, Is this thread about

Wrong postcode,
                          L.H.A.
                          Heating requirements
                          Pink rooms,

As reading up to the last post 11, it's changed to Heating ! and still no mention of post codes !

Please keep it to one subject, as people looking for information on post codes, will be totally baffled seeing discussions on heating and rent.

To answer your question.
                          Post codes do not give a correct address. Post codes are not required because these are only for the post office to sub divide "postal areas", and introduced by and for the Post office ( Royal mail ). to help them.

Post codes only give you 10 to 12 houses in that area.
                          You will not see post codes on road signs, basic maps, therefore they are superfluous.

~Your address for service, where you live, rent, operate, is the flat number, house number, the road name at the end of the road, the county, and country. Post codes are for the Post office to simplify their delivery, not an alternative to a full address, nor for courts to dispute.
                          Letters have been sent without post codes for over 100 years.

Just change the post code in a letter to your tenants -- Simple.
                          If someone cannot visit a fully addressed hose without a post code, or deliver a letter, then they should not be let out in public.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                          X