Repair costs after burglary my responsibility or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ring the company up and offer 50% of the balance due which im assuming is north of £250 Because these guys are utter scumbags who charge what they want.

I would also get rid of the upvc door and fit a composite jobby as upvc panel doors are notoriously easy to get through. I had 2 break ins through this type of door, opposite ends of the city on the same night would you believe it.

Dont leave the tenant to foot the bill, the damage wasn't caused by them. The thieves broke into their home but your house.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to I'm fuming!
      by Mrs Mug
      Maybe he's OCD. And at the end of the tenancy, you'll get back the cleanest house you've ever seen.
      27-02-2020, 07:43 AM
    • I'm fuming!
      by Berlingogirl
      Just got to vent here!

I've just got a text from the tenant to say that the (newly decorated and cleaned house) took him a week to clean to a reasonable standard and can I refund him a week's rent!

That house is spotless!

They only got the tenancy 10 days ago....
      27-02-2020, 07:34 AM
    • Reply to Capital Gains Tax Change April 2020
      by jpucng62
      This has been in the news for sometime so should not really come as a shock. It is our duty as LLs to remain abreast of the changes in law so make sure you read articles on sites such as this, regularly, to keep up to date.

If you missed this piece of legislation are you aware of the changes...
      27-02-2020, 07:22 AM
    • Capital Gains Tax Change April 2020
      by TREK
      As from April 6th 2020 any capital gains tax due on property sales has to be paid within 30 days of the sale of the property, only found this out yesterday on the news section on landlord zone.
      26-02-2020, 18:47 PM
    • Reply to Returning Tenants deposit
      by jpucng62
      I think that your agreement is unfair and even if any part of it is lawful, the tenant has fulfilled his part by finding a replacement. If you do not like the proposed lodger that is not his fault.

I understand it is your home, but do you want to keep a lodger that does not want to be...
      27-02-2020, 07:17 AM
    • Returning Tenants deposit
      by daisydee
      Hi, This is my first time posting so forgive any mistakes I make!

Our lodger signed a lodger agreement when he moved in 6 months ago. The contract clearly states that the 'tenancy' is for the duration of 12 months and that only us (the landlords) can terminate the agreement by giving him...
      27-02-2020, 02:01 AM
    • Reply to EPC and S21
      by mariner
      SPC will require a rating higher than F after Apr 1.
      Explain to Ts that if they do not vacate by expiry date of the 2nd s21, they will be liable for hearing costs and Bailiff fees.
      27-02-2020, 03:23 AM
    • EPC and S21
      by Slackjawedyokel
      Hi, I’ve been trying to move tenants on from one property, without success, for around four months (two S21 notices because the first, issued by my letting agent, was due to expire between Christmas and new year, and I’m basically soft). The 2 month term of the second s21 expired on 22/2/20. They...
      25-02-2020, 11:38 AM
    • Reply to Agent fee for periodic tenancy?
      by mariner
      No, unless you offer a new Fixed Term Tenancy.
      27-02-2020, 02:52 AM
    • Agent fee for periodic tenancy?
      by leasee123
      Hi,

I have a simple question for which I hope there is a simple answer. My tenancy agreement (i am the landlord) is close to expiry and the agent seems to think that they are due fees again even if the tenancy agreement moves to a periodic tenancy. I understood that I have to pay if the...
      26-02-2020, 18:35 PM
    Working...
    X