Agents left over mess

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agents left over mess

Having sacked my agent (long story but their full management was not my full management )ending in trashed properties.Anyway moving forward I’m left with one tenant who seems to have health,mental etc problems.I’m constantly chasing topup Rent,only means of contact is via 3rd party and the tenant seems to be hardly at the property .Pleasant enough tenant but it appears agent let the property with no EPC try as I might the tenant doesn’t seem to understand I need one done and refuses me entry without them.I just dare not enter judging by comments made by them saying things have been stolen or moved .I know this to be not correct as the agent nor myself have any keys..Thats another story tenant seems to have both sets.I would like to evict ,I did ask tenant if they would like to move nearer family but the answer was no.Eviction seems hard knowing the situation but that EPC needs doing.What would be the safest way to do this as I’m not happy entering with EPC agent without tenant .Mental health can cause people to act in different ways and I just want to sort a way forward even if the tenant wants to stay and somehow they get help.

The EPC: It is too late to get one now anyway, so all you are doing is alerting tenant to its absence.

Not sure what your other questions are but the above seems the main one.

Comment

Check there is no EPC here: https://www.epcregister.com/reportSe...ressByPostcode

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewDod View Post
        The EPC: It is too late to get one now anyway, so all you are doing is alerting tenant to its absence.
        If the tenancy is recent, an EPC is required to serve a s21 notice.
        but it can be served at any point prior to the s21 notice to make the notice valid.

Not showing the EPC to a tenant before letting can't be corrected, but I've never heard of anyone ever actually being affected by that.
        When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X