getting these tenants out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting these tenants out

I need some advice as my tenants have without my permission or knowledge, changed some of those permanently living at the property. We are now passed the 12 month fixed term and into periodic.

The original AST clauses prohibit what they've done and also covers me to rely on Ground 12 (breach of any agreement terms) if needed. My main problem is really the lack of referencing, and potential over-crowding.

On the flipside, we otherwise had a good relationship and I don't want all out war. So I am planning to action the below - does it make sense?

- issue a section 21 now: if they don't leave by the two month timeframe, I start court proceedings

- if however within the two month timeframe they get the additional people to vacate, I don't pursue the Section 21 and life carries on as before

Also can I serve a section 8 after the S21, if needed?

Thank you to all

All of that sounds OK to me.

You'd be lucky to recover possession on g12, but it's possible.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

What do you mean AST clauseS? Do you mean many clauses in one AST or are there separtae agreements each tenants signing separately for a designated room. If these are separate ASTs there is no single THEY to respond to you nor can they get the additional people to vacate.

Comment

I mean they've breached multiple clauses in the single AST they all signed.

Comment

How many people?
          Are the original people related?

This could be an HMO

Comment

No explanation - no advice!

Comment

Originally posted by MdeB View Post
              How many people?
              Are the original people related?

This could be an HMO
              They are definitely all related (thankfully) otherwise it would be even more complicated. I have evidence of the fact that they are all one family. They've added to the overall number of people which is part of the issue, without my consent (let alone the referencing aspect)

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X