What happens if a joint tenant dies & the remaining tenant can’t afford to pay?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the husband served notice to quit on the council property, would the wife still be considered as having contributed to her homelessness?

Comment

I agree with MdeB. Surely the better option would be to seek a transfer to another Council property, either with the Councils help or without.

The private rented sector is now so heavily regulated that I would not recommend anyone to wander casually into becoming a landlord. Some breaches carry custodial penalties!

Comment

Originally posted by MdeB View Post

Can the council not offer a different property?
        They haven't got any just sitting about, that's why they are putting people in B&Bs and hostels.

Comment

Originally posted by KTC View Post
          There's no suggestion that the FIL is related to the couple he intends to be tenant?

RedHitman, search the local housing allowance rate for what HB/UC housing element will cover. Don't forget that a couple will get more than someone who's single/widowed.
          Thank you.

(No, not family. Just a friend from Church)

Comment

Originally posted by KTC View Post
            search the local housing allowance rate for what HB/UC housing element will cover. Don't forget that a couple will get more than someone who's single/widowed.
            use the link below.

https://lha-direct.voa.gov.uk/search.aspx

Comment

Redhitman, I think your dad is very kind. Good for him. In view of T's public service, I would certainly let to him.

Comment

Surviving Joint T is resp for full rent until an alternative solution is agreed.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X