X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jpkeates
    replied
    Originally posted by bahandrew View Post
    I’ve read the Consumer Right Acts and couldn’t find an example of it to point them too, is there any part of it you suggest me to refer?
    Section 50 - Consumer Rights Act 2015

Also, section 6 of The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008

Leave a comment:

• bahandrew
    replied
    I’ve attached both sofas, you can probably tell what’s the advertised and what’s the actual one.

Leave a comment:

• bahandrew
    replied
    Hi Berlingogirl and Jpkeates, thanks for replying to this topic.

They’ve done the inventory on the day we moved, we haven’t signed it yet. The only picture of the sofa we had is from the offer, which match we the sofa we saw when we visited.

I’ve read the Consumer Right Acts and couldn’t find an example of it to point them too, is there any part of it you suggest me to refer?

I really appreciate the help. 😊

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    You have legal grounds.

The viewing is part of the offer made, so the agent/landlord should have made it clear that there was going to be a difference between what you were shown and what was supplied.
    Not to do so is a misleading omission.
    The agent/landlord should supply the sofa that you viewed or an alternative that you are happy to accept as an alternative.

Point them at the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

Leave a comment:

• Berlingogirl
    replied
    Is there a picture of it in the inventory?

Leave a comment:

• bahandrew
    started a topic Different Furniture

Different Furniture

Hi,

I hope someone here can help me.

We’re tenants and rented a property that was advertised with a proper sofa, the sofa was also in the place when we visited it. However, when we moved in, they had replaced it to a completely different one whoch is really bad.

We’ve been asking the agency to remove it so we could buy our own - which is very similar to the one that was there before.

They are refusing saying that we should have asked for it before, but how could we do this if we weren’t aware that they’d be changing it completely?

Do we have any legal grounds on it? This is just one of a series of problems we have had with this agency.

Thank you,
    Jonatas

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Signing tenancy agreement in advance and handover of keys
    by jpkeates
    It might burn down.
    The tenant or you might die.

Sign the agreement the day before or the day of moving in (you have to be there when they move in to check the smoke alarms anyway)....
    30-05-2020, 13:17 PM
  • Signing tenancy agreement in advance and handover of keys
    by bengal
    How soon in advance of tenancy can the agreement be signed? in this case it would be around 4 weeks in advance of tenancy start date.
    Is signing of agreement in advance a good alternative to a holding deposit? (in that it gives more certainty to the tenant?)
    When should keys be handed over...
    30-05-2020, 12:21 PM
  • Reply to Break Clause Notice
    by jpkeates
    In which case, I think you can give notice on 18th August to end on 17th October.
    30-05-2020, 13:14 PM
  • Break Clause Notice
    by danielson81
    Hi, sorry if this is a stupid question.

My tenancy agreement has a break clause in it, as I took over from the existing tenants I basically have the remainder of their tenancy term plus 12 months.

Does the text below, mean I can give notice from the 18th June and move out by...
    30-05-2020, 08:41 AM
  • Reply to Help required from renter
    by Bennu
    royw , I can access my landlady’s home. Which is good as there has been quite a few times I have had to help her after falling. If her son does decide to proceed with the rent increase I will be outlining the benefits of my rent remaining and the risk a new tenant could potentially bring. I have also...
    30-05-2020, 13:11 PM
  • Help required from renter
    by Bennu
    I am hoping that someone can help.

I have lived in a top floor flat above my landlady/landlord for 7 years. I do not share any facilities (my flat has a bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, living room). There is a lock on the door to my flat.

Since my landlord passed away (3 years...
    30-05-2020, 11:30 AM
    by royw
    Do you have direct access to the rest of the landlady's home from the hall or does she have a locked door? If the former given LLs vulnerable state it would put her at risk if they let it to a stranger. Might be worth slipping it into the conversation with daughter who seems to be rather more concerned...
    30-05-2020, 12:58 PM
  • Reply to Signing tenancy agreement in advance and handover of keys
    by bengal
    Thanks DPT57 - Property is empty so no risk of existing t not leaving....
    30-05-2020, 12:54 PM
  • Reply to Break Clause Notice
    by danielson81
    Apart from the bit I posted, the other relevant bits are:

Note for Tenants
    This tenancy agreement is a legal and binding contract and the Tenant is responsible for payment of the
    rent for the entire agreed term. The agreement may not be terminated early unless the agreement
    30-05-2020, 12:49 PM
    by Bennu
    I would be refusing the increase as I have been helping my landlady out for several years, and not requested payment. This enables a saving of around £150-200 per month to them. It would also be disrespectful as he has recently requested further help from me at the same time as potentially raising...
    30-05-2020, 12:47 PM
Working...
X